DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m looking to swap my ram trucks engine with a 6.1 I’m wondering if anyone has done this or makes a kit because I have a 6.1 that I don’t have in a car or truck so if anyone has an experience doing this it would be great

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unless it's a hobby, it's never a financially viable option to swap the engines around. You will be out of money by the time you're done the swap, compared to just selling what you've got and buying what you want.
Saying that, is your truck a 2 or 4wd? Swapping an engine with tranny will make a difference in 2 vs 4wd.
There is one company I know of that makes the adapters to let you mate trannies from one manufacturer to engines / t-cases from another... Advanced adapters. There could be others.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Do you have the engine with tranny or just the engine?
If just the engine you'd be looking at engine to tranny bellhousing adapter. Start with advanced adapters as I mentioned but Google to see if there are others. Gonna tell you right now that they only make adapters for popular combos, if your engine was a limited series and not a very popular engine, chances are they didn't make any adapters for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the T56 that was bolted to it but it’s in my 66 Plymouth and the auto transmission is the same as the one in the SRT8’s where I got the engine from I’m more or less looking for harness and pcm swap and the engine is a 6.1 Hemi with a supercharger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.