DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this has been talked about a lot but my problem seams to be different, and I need to get it repaired. I have an 04 1/2 ram 3500 diesel with auto trans SLT, My wipers work normal when there is no rain, but as soon as it rains my intermittent starts having problems, I can select intermittent and it might wipe once or 2 times each stroke or up to 5 wipes, The timing seams to be ok, I can select low or high and most times it works good, I just went to Reno in a light rain and the wipers had problems, they even stoped in the midle of the windshield. rotated the shitch a few times and started working again. This has been going on for a while but seams to be getting worse (more wipes per stroke ) Could anyone help with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Under your IPM (AKA Fuse Box) is the FCM (Front Control Module) which controls the wipers among other things. This unit plugs into the IPM with a big multipin connector. I recommend unplugging and plugging back in to cycle the contacts. While your there, cycling the contacts on all the big multipin connectors is a great maintenance item.

Although I don't think this can be done without removing the battery cable, I'll mention to make sure the battery is disconnected before playing with any of this wiring. :)

It is common for these connector to exhibit issues from connector corrosion. I use dielectric grease on mine to reduce the chance/affect of corrosion. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I pulled the fuse box and removed all connectors, and used dielectric greese, Still have the problem.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced the fuse box and FCM, The fuse box came with a cover for the bottom to cover the wires. So far the wipers work normal. seams that was the problem.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts