DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No prior history of difficulty starting. I jumped in the truck, turned the key and it just turns over, and over, and over... Starter is definitely engaging, engine is spinning.

I put a code reader on it and got P-0300 misfire. Disconnected battery, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, reconnected and....nothing. Still just turns over.

I'm not a mechanic, but am not afraid to attempt repairs. I might need more detail on the how-to's, but am a quick learner.

Looking forward to some input...

Thanks,
qtetbari

·
Registered
314 Posts
If the crankshaft position sensor is defective, the computor doesn't know where to send fuel and ignition, so it will disable both system; that's one possibility I'm aware of...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello forum!

Issue solved. Turns out a fuel pump is important to getting the truck to start!

Noticed no "whirrrr" when I turned the ignition from off to acc-on. Checked the relay...nope. Got my handy rubber mallet and rapped on the tank in the area of the fuel pump and got it to start. Took the truck immediately to a retired mechanic-friend who dropped the tank and put on the fuel pump. Really wanted to tackle it myself, but I needed it back as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts