DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers door doesnt seem to seal all the way. I checked the rubber and it looks good with no issues. If I pull in on the door handle while driving it seems to seal, so It would seem that I need to adjust something on the door so that the door closes further before latching.

Anyone know how to do this and/or how easy it is. I would think I just need to loosen the bolts holding the latch in place and move it "out" away from the door frame. Does this sound right?

thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...

Still an issue. Just looking for someone that has maybe adjusted their door before.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I found a latch adjustment in the service manual. Anyone know if this is what im looking for to adjust the door so that it latches tighter?

If it is anyone know whether I want to adjust the hex screw clockwise or counter-clockwise for a tighter seal.

ive attached the .pdf of the page

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
O.K., the best/easiest way that I have found to adjust door is to mark position of striker (attached to the cab and the door latch makes contact with), loosen the two attachments while holding striker steady, move striker back (toward interior of truck) ever so slightly and re-tighten, check for proper fit, reposition if not to your liking. It doesn't take much movement of the striker to accomplish your goal. Too much and the door will have problems in closing completely. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
....Had the same problem. I read your notes and it works perfect now. The dealership wanted to charge me 50.00 to find out and who knows where it would have gone from there. I have a hard time trusting dealerships. Thanks for the notes and thanks to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
door adjustment

Ok I found a latch adjustment in the service manual. Anyone know if this is what im looking for to adjust the door so that it latches tighter?

If it is anyone know whether I want to adjust the hex screw clockwise or counter-clockwise for a tighter seal.

ive attached the .pdf of the page
PDf was helpful. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts