DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up one morning and BAM! tried starting the truck and it just turns over and doesnt fire. I parked it the night before with it running perfect like it has since I bought it. no signs of sputtering, bogging, or lagging in any way before this! I checked the fuel pressure and nothing pressures out of the fuel rail, which means the fuel pump MIGHT not be working, but I am wondering if there is any other diagnostics I could run before going straight to yanking the fuel pump and replacing it. how could my fuel pump just quit working while sitting in my driveway all night with no use is the question?
side note: no warning/ check engine lights are on. 3 days prior I did wash the engine bay and sprayed directly on the engine at the car wash but ran fine for 3 consecutive days after, does that omitt water being a culprit in any way??

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I wouldn't rule anything out yet. Check for power to the fuel pump, then diagnose from there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Below is the thread for the manuals.

Get the wiring diagram and start by checking fuses, relays and probe wire back to fuel pump. Dont forget to check the ground side too.

i havent looked yet, but there may be a flow chart to follow....

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Rather than searching for fuses..first just listen for the fuel pump.

Turn your key to on without starting. You should here a small whine or electric motor sound come from under the truck. You can do this over and over without starting the truck in case you didn't hear it the first time.

If you don't then I would chase the fuse and wiring thing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Rather than searching for fuses..first just listen for the fuel pump.

Turn your key to on without starting. You should here a small whine or electric motor sound come from under the truck. You can do this over and over without starting the truck in case you didn't hear it the first time.

If you don't then I would chase the fuse and wiring thing.
That may work, but in this case he did say he had no fuel pressure.So you wont hear the fuel pump running.....

thats why i suggested to start with the basics and make sure the circuit itself is good (with good Batt+ and a solid Ground)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts