DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got everything I needed for the install of factory fog lights into my truck. I installed the lights, bezels and switch. I went to install the wiring and failed. I can not find the connector for the wiring harness to plug into. What I thought was a plug for the fog lights is actually an ambient air temp sensor? I don't have an overhead console though?? The plug on the harness is the same as 07.

Anyone explain this to me?

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
idk but you will probably need the system flashed for the lights

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I probably will have to get it flashed but first I need to complete the install and wire this up!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I installed fog lights on my mom's 2005 SLT the other week. Lay under the truck on the driver's side, at the front. If you look at where the fog light should be, just to the left of that is a vertical metal part, there should be a plug right there, her's was grey and red I believe. I just plugged in the harness that came with my kit and ran the new ends straight to the fog lights, then replaced her headlight switch with one that you pulled out for the fog lights. Didn't even have to go get it flashed. If you can't find it then I'll take a picture tonight when I get home. My 2008 came with factory fog lights, and the connector is in the exact same spot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope no connector where the 06-08 have them, unless I am blind. Maybe my truck doesnt have it? I saw a pair of led ones today and I am considering getting those and tapping them into my low beams.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hmm, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to spot it if it was there. What model of truck do you have? Both trucks I've looked under were at least the "SLT" model. Hmm, I'm not sure, sorry I couldn't help you out bro!
But yeah, you could use a little relay and tap into the low beam wire for the trigger, that'd be no problem. I did that exact thing except with my high beam wire for my grill lights. Let us know what route you end up going!

Ok, here's a pic of the back of the Driver's side foglight, from Cndoilram's install thread:

The little red and black connector in the top left. I'm wondering if only certain models have this connector in place or not?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh! I almost forgot, I'm pretty sure that you can also order the end of the harness you're missing online, I'll take a look and see what I can find when I get a chance once you let me know what the model is.

*edit*
I briefly looked around and found this place

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_..._body_parts_&_exterior.htm#hoods & components

Scroll up, right above the SRT-10 hoods, you'll see two pictures of harnesses and two trucks with fog lights mounted.

The part number MP-82209047 (the top picture) is the one used with SLT and above trucks (ones that already have the wiring and harness installed). I think you need the one below it, MP-82208102AC. Although to me it looks like it just has a relay added and spliced in, that should be pretty easy to do yourself. I'm just guessing here though, so don't take my word for it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Make any progress yet man?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed fog lights on my mom's 2005 SLT the other week. Lay under the truck on the driver's side, at the front. If you look at where the fog light should be, just to the left of that is a vertical metal part, there should be a plug right there, her's was grey and red I believe. I just plugged in the harness that came with my kit and ran the new ends straight to the fog lights, then replaced her headlight switch with one that you pulled out for the fog lights. Didn't even have to go get it flashed. If you can't find it then I'll take a picture tonight when I get home. My 2008 came with factory fog lights, and the connector is in the exact same spot.
I tried to PM but could not as I do not yet have the required number of posts. Anyway, how do you remove the dummy plugs in the bumper cavities? Really need this info ASAP. Thanks. John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

I got everything I needed for the install of factory fog lights into my truck. I installed the lights, bezels and switch. I went to install the wiring and failed. I can not find the connector for the wiring harness to plug into. What I thought was a plug for the fog lights is actually an ambient air temp sensor? I don't have an overhead console though?? The plug on the harness is the same as 07.

Anyone explain this to me?
Hi Just got my Mopar fog light kit. How do you remove the dummy plug inserts in the bumper? Disregard- my set of trim sticks did the trick. Thanks. John

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Just got my Mopar fog light kit. How do you remove the dummy plug inserts in the bumper? Disregard- my set of trim sticks did the trick. Thanks. John
Hey John, just saw this. Get it all sorted out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I having a tough time getting the driver's side bezel to snap in. Is there a trick to this?

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's been a while since I did it, but I can't remember having any trouble. I believe they went right in if I recall correctly. I did have to work a little to get the passenger side cover out initially, but that's it. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts