DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to looking at numerous possible mounting locations for CB radios in 06-08 rams. I did this search for all those who are interested. I left out anything less than a 2006. I didn't include any antenna locations, but they should be too hard to find if requested. Some I found from google, some are from other Dodge forums. Feel free to add any pics that you may have or aren't pictured here. These are a few that I found:

Mine:

E

·
0 Posts
I'm putting mine under the center seat section with a remote, full control, mic. But those pics gave me some good ideas for some other things I'd like to mount.

Thanks for the pics and ideas!

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
picture #4 is a nice fit
full sized Cobra or Uniden unit with the microphone jack coming out of the left side, its out of the way yet very handy

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
i have to take a pic of mine its hidden between the seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am glad I found this thread. That is the next thing on my list is to get a CB installed so know I have ideas.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad this helps :smileup:

There are plenty of set-ups for the '04s too. I'll see what I can find. Mounting around the cupholders seems to be a popular place :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
8,602 Posts

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
it isnt attached its just kind of stuffed in there but it works its a pain in the @*s to change the channels and drive though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have'nt wired it in yet, going to either mount the antenna on the hood, or on the backrack. All I did was take the two screws out for the storage bin, and slid in the CB box, no cutting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old post but i cant see the pics in the very first comment i just bought an 06 and want to mount a cb any pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My original setup was a cobra 19 under the driver seats ,I just always kept it on and unplugged it with the cord and used a Little Wilm Antana. When I did all the recent work I built a more permanent system with a 5' Fiberglas on a custom mount that hangs out from the cab about 3" this allows reception and transmit to the left and four and aft for oncoming highway info and talk for and aft for traffic my side,the radio will be a Cobra 29 ltd NW wi / weather but it's at the doctors till then I have the cobra 19in the space between the center front seat/ console( 2005 quad cab and cup holder/ashtray fold outs there is a custom mount I made for the 29 but adapted to the 19 for now,it is wired and grounded direct to the battery with 2 fuses inline ,one at the battery positive and one on the positive at the radio endi believ it's either 10 or 12 gauge ( memory fails me right now) it is grounded at the
batt(-)and at the seat to floor bolt,the antanna is grounded to the bed and to the chassis and te cab via the ground strap.i am too far away to catch highway where I am so I have to wait til she's legal but I think it's good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry Ryan I get windy,but the space I mentioned in my post is about the best place unless you don't mind a dash mount,vertically face up,somebody does make a mount to put it there you will have to search CB stuff try "CB docs"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shooterj2003 thank you very much that info was very helpful. Gives me a better idea of what i need to do. Thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Noproblem,I made mine out of alum, diamond plate using the two bolts that secure the front of the center seat section,not hard if you can work with metal,and use at least 1/8"it has to be thick to keep the radio from flexing it .i had to reengineer mine til I got it right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts