DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in upgrading the stereo in my Ram. Problem is I'm stereo stupid and budget minded. I want to keep the factory head unit, I do use the back seats and storage area under the seats. I would be interested in a amp and speaker upgrade. I have the factory 4 speaker system. I might have a line on the door panels for the 7 speaker system so ideas on either would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Tiny718, it may help if you fill in the vehicles year, cab type & any other things that you may want members to know, like color, model, 4X4 or ...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, to be honest you have a few options. Being that you use the storage area under the back seats and you are budget minded, most likely you will not go custom. You can more then less forget about a sub enclosure. Or maybe you could buy a single sub enclosure if you are willing to give up one side or the other of your storage area? In that case, this is what i would do.
Option 1 - Buy new aftermarket headunit, a pair of decent component speakers for the front doors, 1 10" or 12" sub under the rear seat (still keep 1 storage area open) and a decent 3 channel amp.
Option 2 - all of the above with exception to the HU and buy a line converter
Like this and then you can tap into your factory speaker wiring for the amp signal.

Or you could forget about the sub and buy a decent 4 channel amp and replace the speakers in the doors. If you do not buy an aftermarket HU you will definitely need the line converter to run an amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts