DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, I added a 2 1/2 inch level and am running stock 20" wheel with 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country M/T.. The only rubbing I get is a slight amount with wheels at full lock left or right.. I need some advice.. If I run spacers what size do I need and is there any one else already running them that could tell me a good brand and where to buy... The other question is, are wheel spacers safe, or would I need to buy new wheels and if so how much off set on my wheels would I need to correct the problem?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You could run a 1/4" spacer in there, but I'm not sure about a 1/2". It would really help if you had some new wheels with a better offset. The stock wheels just don't have enough backspacing for that wide of a tire.

E

·
0 Posts
Wheel spacers are safe as long as they aren't too thick. For you, a 1/4" spacer should be enough to remove the rub. Do you know the offset and backspacing of your stock wheels? That would be the starting point to determining what it should be for that wide of a tire.

A local tire & wheel shop should be able to look up your stock wheel data and provide you with what the revised offset should be to avoid the rub. This will move the tire/wheel combo out a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I called the local offroad shop and they are going to take a look at it today. I really think 1/4" would do it honestly 3/4" at most... I have pictures but am still learning how to get them on here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts