DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
This may or may not have been discussed before, I havent seen a thread for it, so I'll ask.

I recently installed a K&N CAI and Flowmaster exhaust on my truck.
Ive noticed a sound coming from the passenger side engine compartment that sounds like a valve tapping.

If Im climbing a hill @ 2000 rpm I notice it, if I let off the fuel or give it more fuel it goes away.....doesnt take much to make it go away.

I notice it on the flats also, still around that 2000 rpm mark.

I never noticed it before the mods, but then again, I never had much to listen to, really love the sound of the exhaust.:smileup: Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
132 Posts
On my old 04 I had a sticky lifter that would rattle around (loud as hell) until my engine warmed up then it blended in with the hemi tick. Is it when the engines warm too?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no none at all its one of those "oh,man that doesnt sound good" noises

But I notice no difference in performance whatsoever

Its only around that rpm too, at idle it sounds like a hemi, with the pedal pressed down to open the exhaust it sounds like a hemi

·
Registered
820 Posts
My truck does the same thing. and its at low rpm also. i have a BFI intake. it sounds just like the rocker arms beating the hell out of the valves but im not sure. if i hit the gas hard then it goes away. i first thought it was pinging when i first heard it. i have a dsp and run the 91 oct tune. i noticed it last fall and got worried. i took the tune out and went to the 87 tune and seemed to get better but it still does it. i dont notice any power loss. it runs great but it is annoying sometimes. im going to go back to the 91 tune soon and see if it gets worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts