DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there was ever an odd issue that no one has ever heard of before, it's happened to me. And here I have another unheard of. Randomly a couple weeks ago my red idiot light would come on and the dash would beep a couple times. Slowly got worse, till the point of me taking the tune off the truck and going back to stock tune. That seemed to fix it. Then I hooked up to my trailer and the lack of power angered me so I put the tune back on. Slowly the same problem returned only then my blinkers and four ways stopped working. I was 3.5 hours from home! So I reset it again to stock, it didn't go away this time. So I drove 3.5 hours with a red light in my face, beeping dash, and got pulled over for not using my signals!!! I NEED to get this fixed and don't know where to start.

Predator?
Clifford auto start?
Mean Green h.o. Alternator pushing out to much?
Those are the only three things I can think of.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I dont think your blinkers/four ways are wired through your computer. Check your blinker fuse. Or a flasher might be out or your blinker lever could be shorted out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I started it with the key this time to drive to my shop. Everything worked fine for 8 miles, then it all started agin. Same same, no blinkers, no hazards, and that stupid beeping. I'm lost with this thing??? Don't even know where to start...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed a real time volt meter.
13 volts with truck off
15.5 volts at idle
16 volts driving
Kick on the the Alpine crew and turn it up. The volts drop as low as 12, the Mean Green recovers pretty quick. Sometimes it'll momentarily go up to 17 volts. Ive never had a real time meter to watch before so I don't know if that's bad or not? Sounds high to me, but is that high enough to burn things up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can somebody please say something? I don't know what to do or if this is even bad.... If it is? How bad? My mind is telling me not to get near the key? Bad bad, very bad...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts