DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on my rear 2" drop shackles and still not happy!! Tried to remove helper leaf spring and cant get it un attached from the other leaf springs....Lookks like a bolt runs through the first 3 into a dowell under the o/l? I tried vise gripping dowell and unbolting but vises slipped.. ?'s do I have to unbolt the bolt that runs through the 3 leaf springs to take of o/l? Or do you think prying and prying is possible...Also when I take o/l off am I gonna have to cut dowell down 3/4 since it will be to long now?

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the o/l spring out but now the bolt that runs thru and from under the leaf spring doesnt line up in the holes on the weld plate on axle.....Any ideas on how to fix or is this commen?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HUGE tip from my mistake!!!

So I learned the hard way that you need to lift both sides and remove both overload springs at the same time!! I did one side and dowell didnt fit and moved to other side and it was way off were i couldnt even put the u-bolts back on!! So dont do one side at a time because the differencial twists!!! geez Im glad that adventure is done!!!
Learned today that if you do one side at a time your differencial shifts and bolts wont line up with original holes... Be sure to do both sides at the same time and lift from frame at same heigth and dont do one side at a time.... 12+ hours and 2 days for me to figure out but now really nice and level and everything lines up!! 2" drop shackle plus o/lleaf spring removal looks good even with blacked out 20in tires!!!

HIT ME UP FOR FUTURE QUESTIONS ON THIS MATTER!! I will be happy to assist in any way!!
MM

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Pics Matt! We need pics of the final product! You can't go through much effort and not show it off. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics of 2-3/4in drop finished!!

Pics have been posted to my album and in the community gallery under Drop1 and Drop2 or by my name. Also below I hope(First time to post pics on a post) Let me know what you think......The ride so far is barely noticable maybe abit softer but cant really tell...I dont tow anything but will keep all posted!! :smileup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Looks great!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
That does look great. Having the right color paint sets off the black wheels. I am not feeling the head light covers though.. Looks like an alien's head. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.