DODGE RAM FORUM banner

08 ram 1500 shock replacement

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  08 ram 1500 4x4 
#1 ·
I'm trying to replace my old shocks but am currently stuck on removing the bottom bolt connecting the lower arm to the shock. The bolt will spin but I feel like the rubber bushing or whatever is not letting the bolt spin the way it should, it keeps going back to where it started. Any ideas would be awesome.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mite have some rust around it in the metal sleeve, spray some WD-40 in their, also you will have to smack it with a hammer. Also there is tension against the bolt from the strut/spring. I've done this job a couple of times and it's kind of a PITA.

#5 ·
Front shock bolts

Ok guys, it's been a while and after multiple unsuccessful attempts at removing this bolt I am stumped. I've used almost a whole can of liquid wrench, hours of waiting, and even tried an impact wrench to try and get this thing out. Do I need a light saber or something to melt it and the stupid sleeve out of there or what? At this point I just want to take a sledgehammer to the thing and push the thing out that way. Very desperate here, any advice would be welcome. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.