DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already have aero turbine exhaust, diablo sport predator, and Airaid CAI on my truck but definitely looking to get the truck faster...what do i dooo? i hear i need to go with headers and camshaft but I'm worried cause I'm not looking to make it ridiculously loud. just a good sound and can MOVEEE! and hints and tips and where and what part would be extremely helpful! thank you!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
either the cat forward bbk headers or the Long tube American racing headers I believe is the only options, some1 else will correct me if i'm wrong.

Have you done the 180 degree thermostat?
Have you done a fastman throttle body mod?
have you done the magnaflow free flowing y pipe?
^these will be cheaper then headers and help open up some power!

·
Registered
431 Posts
You can get headers without making it too loud, ya just get a quiet muffler! A 180 t stat is great, but don't get a magnaflow y pipe of you're gonna get the long tube headers cause ARH provides a nice Y! I didn't see much gains from the Fastman throttle body...

The two options for headers are American Racing long tubes or JBA shorties..I don't know anything about cams though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no 180 t stat
no trottle body
and no y pipe yet.

i've seen a lot of guys say that they have that 180 t stat and i kind of have no idea what or where but yeah looks like ill hold off on cam and pick up those 3 things first. I talked to a couple performance shops out here and they said i need those 3 before diving in to the camshaft options.

if i get that american long tube headers...will that effect my aero turbine exhaust manifold where i need to get a american racing one or will that be fine?

kay9 that is a great sounding truck! real nice and mean but not ridiculously loud! with taking the cats off you do that for sound or does that actually help on the performance?

·
Registered
431 Posts
A 180 thermostat can be picked up at autozone for $12 and it'll keep your engine running 20 degrees cooler. A fastman throttle body can be bought for $212.

I'm not sure what your question was about the American racing headers..they bolt right up to a stock exhaust, but since you have an aftermarket exhaust you might have to take it to a muffler shop like I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiEy4ep3Ps8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 - 6 of 6 Posts