DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased my ram and it was from a ford dealer who didn't know what the Altitude Edition entitled, and the only Altitude Edition online is for 2012 Jeeps that are basically justmurdered out from factory, can anyone explain to me what the Altitude Edition is?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I've never even heard of that with respect to the dodge rams....

quick search..is it this?

http://www.rockyridgevans.com/ram.html

these rockey ridge trucks all have some sort of lift. Definitely not murdered out tho. Is your truck lifted?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Any pictures to show what this edition is?

To my knowledge in 2009 there weren't any special editions like that for the Dodge Ram. The dealer can add stuff and call it something but from the factory there were none.

There are the trims levels ST, SLT, Bighorn/Lonestar, Sport, and Laramie for that model year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can put up pictures tomorrow, but as for labeling, on the left and right side of the truck, above the RAM logo, it has an oval with "altitude Edition" in it. The driver and passenger seat as well have "Altitude" embroidered in them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never even heard of that with respect to the dodge rams....

quick search..is it this?

http://www.rockyridgevans.com/ram.html

these rockey ridge trucks all have some sort of lift. Definitely not murdered out tho. Is your truck lifted?
I found that as well and no it isn't a Micky Thompson special edition, no lift or tires on it, I wish it did though!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Are you sure they just didn't take the badges off of the Ford truck?

I know that there was an Altitude line up of vehicles in 2012, but I don't see the Ram's as being part of that?

I will continue my search.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I think this is just a dealer badge thing. Kind of like the Rocky Ridge rams you may see running around. This is not a factory thing.. done by dealers after the fact. Still covered by warranty though!

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Pic didn't come through, Nick.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Like I said before just badges really. Looks like they took a bighorn and put extra badges and aftermarket leather on it.

Nothing special and not a factory thing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey I dig it but I'm from Denver lol.... So I would be all over an altitude edition!!

But is just a badge and some embroidering

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
I have never seen that before.....I also called my dealer and he has never heard of it before....He did state that they may have been a promotional truck that they sold......Either way you have a great looking truck......

·
Registered
35,470 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts