DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum and new to forums in general. Im trying to figure out if 09 OEM step bars will fit on a 2017 Ram. If anyone can help I appreciate it. sorry if I didn't post this correctly.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
No, they have different mounts.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
The body panels are all the same that they would mount to from 2009 to present 1500s and 2010 to present HDs, but in 2016 they added a bracket to get the trucks to do better on the then brand new small overlap crash test that came out after the truck was designed. Ford made a big deal out of how their aluminum truck did better in the test than everyone's steel truck, which was really just because their truck was designed after that test came about and nobody else's was.

Anyway, that bracket can interfere with mounting certain steps to the rocker panels and can require grinding if you don't get specific 2016+ steps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I'm gonna just buy appropriate running boards. Gotta get some soon because the wife has a hard time getting in and out lol.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
I unbolted that bracket on my 2016 & mounted my Nerf Bars from my 2009 Ram right on

2009 Ram 1500

2016 Ram 1500

follow the E brake cable towards the front of the truck, it fastens to the body right next to the bracket that i removed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts