DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 ram 1500 and have come into posession of 2" 5x5.5 spacers (technically adapters i guess)... But they have a smaller lug width than the ones on my truck. I think they are a 1/2" and the truck is a 9/16? Anyway im wondering if its safe to use them. They bolt on its just im sketched out by having a thiner lug coming out the spacer.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Hi, Edward, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

My initial gut reaction is no, I don't think it would be safe. But as long as you've got some good lug nuts that will center the wheel, then I guess it would be ok. I wouldn't use those things on my RAM, though.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I have a 05 ram 1500 and have come into posession of 2" 5x5.5 spacers (technically adapters i guess)... But they have a smaller lug width than the ones on my truck. I think they are a 1/2" and the truck is a 9/16? Anyway im wondering if its safe to use them. They bolt on its just im sketched out by having a thiner lug coming out the spacer.
If it's an adapter to a smaller bolt circle (say a 5" bolt circle) then the studs are to spec for that base circle. If it's still a 5x137.9 (5.5) then no they are not the same but nothing says you can't use them, just get the matching lugnuts. if you're doing heavy offroading then I would avoid them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts