DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
I installed my 5100 bilstein front shocks today and BFG 275/65/20 AT KO's tires and I am overly pleased with the results..

I opted for the 1.4 lift because I like a little rake..
Measurments before lift were 22.50 from the bottom of my center cap to lip. After it measured 24.00 inches.
My rear is 25.25, so I know have a 1.25 inch rake..
Intial toughts after installed was WOW I love the new stance and the tires look off the hook. Can't believe how much better the front end looks now off the ground..:smileup:
The Bfg AT KO is a great tire with practically no road noise and it looks sharp as ever,especially with the white letters out ( Big fan of white letters)... I have had these tires on past trucks and suv's and I know there are some people who don't like them but they honestly do everything good, maybe not great but good in everything, and the apperance of the aggresive yet no road noise tread makes up for everything else.. Did I say solid white letters.. :LOL:
I do have one ok picture but don't be fooled cause the in person apperance is 10x better.. I will try to add more pictures at a future date when she is detailed and I can get some better snaps...
Enjoy I know I will..............

Oh and absolutely no shutters or vibrations at any speeds in 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive...THANK GOD...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Let me know if you have any tire bottoming out in the fender wells when you hit the trails with it. I want to keep some rake too, but not at the expense of tires bottoming out. i am holding off on this install until I get more info. My dealers service manager told me that Mopar makes a leveling kit for my 2012 that does not interfere with front end travel but I need to see it. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will keep you posted on that. But honestly I don't do any extreme off roading. just an occasional trail here and there.
Be cautious with the mopar kits I here they cause vibration from doing alot of research, that is why I opted for the bilstein, a little more expensive but way better reviews.. good luck

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Ya I am actually gonna grab the Bilsteins just was quoting what the Service Manager told me. Is why I said I would need to see it...lol...All my research points to Bilstein for what I need. Thanks man.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Almost forgot, very nice work BTW. Looks really great, and I like the tires too.
Thanks man... wish you could see it person .. really is alot sweeter...
Gotta grab some better pics..
keep a tab on this thread..:smileup:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Looks pretty darn close to level to me. Congrats, it looks great! I've said it before and I'll say it again...that's the tire size Dodge should have put on the 20" equipped trucks from the factory.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well done, looks fantastic. Amazing what a little leveling will do for the look of a truck. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Let me know if you have any tire bottoming out in the fender wells when you hit the trails with it. I want to keep some rake too, but not at the expense of tires bottoming out. i am holding off on this install until I get more info. My dealers service manager told me that Mopar makes a leveling kit for my 2012 that does not interfere with front end travel but I need to see it. :)
I dont think this kit is available any longer...due to the problems with the wobble in 4WD...

however, My understanding is that the MOPAR kit was actually Bilstein shocks with a few added bushings and bumpers...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks Great. I love my bilsteins!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
More Pictures of 1.4 bilstein and BFG A T's....

Said I would post more quality pictures from my previous thread...
So here we go

1.4 bilstein lift with 275/65/20 BFG AT Ko

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for the thread move, whoever did it....... I guess, lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Bilstein lift looks great buddy! Great pics! :smileup: