DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks ,
i am getting a engine light on in my truck, obdII says it's a misfire in the #1 cylinder ... So i changed the plugs , it went away for a lil while then this week IT'S BACK ... I changed the wires and cap and button and it seemed to go away for a lil while then after the test drive as i pulled back into the yard * ding IT'S BACK again ..
I pulled the plug and swaped it with the plug form #3 and OBDII still says misfinre in #1, so i took an old plug and put it in the boot and grounded it out on the motor and started the truck and there is loads of spark ....but the light will not go away ?

Any Idea's fella's?
Lifer

·
Registered
22 Posts
my 5.2 does the same thing. mine is caused by cyl #1 burning just enough oil to fowl out the plug and cause a missfire. when it gets up to operating temp the code usually goes away on its own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i cleared the code .. lol i am slow .. but not that slow
oil may be the issue .. it seams to smoth out .. after it warms up ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still getting an OBDII code .. misfire on cyl 1

Hey folks ..
Is there any way this issue is being caused by a fuel Injector issue , it seems to run smooth but i keep getting an misfire on cyl 1 code .... I am not certin if the computer needs a flame to detect or just the spark from the plug is enough ? I'm lost any idea's at all ?????

Lifer

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would hazard a guess that some of these troubles are caused by dirty or worn injectors, (seafoam them) and that others are caused by low or variable fuel pressure (45 & rock solid is good) and yet others are caused by vacuum leaks, most common are vac leaks, I believe. Start by asking yoursellf if you ever experience spark knock, which is generally most noticeable in OD, climbing a gentle slope. this would probably be vac leak, in my experience. next, pull the affected plug. mine had literally exploded internally. due to detonation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ive done the sea foam thing twice in 6months with some what improved results i have not ran a fuel pressure test thoe i will do so asap ive checked for vac leaks with carb clean while its runnin type deal and also checked below my throttle body looking for oil thinking maybe a blown belly pan gasket but it looks pretty shiney aluminum down there so i will git after that fuel pressure test as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
idno if im beatin a dead horse here but this sunday i had another trouble code come up (#8) i was pretty pissed a the time but i got this oil additive called restore. #8 hasnt popped up since i did the oil change yesterday, starts way better, and i can feel i little more power. im just sayin for 12 bucks im a happy camper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts