DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so... would parts from a 2010 or 11 match up with the new 2012? i just got the 2012 and i want to order the *saftey package* (tow hooks and skid plates) but im pretty sure they only offer that for the earlier years... just want to make sure all the holes and bolts will line up..... pretty sure they will iv been lookin at everyone pictures and they look very similar.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The only differences that I am "aware" of is the cruise control is on the wheel on 2012, instead of the column. I think parts catalogs are just slow to add updates.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a new 2012 also. From my research the only things that have changed are what mikeb33 said, the steering wheel cruise control buttons are on the steering wheel (that likely means all the internals of the steering wheel are changed too) and you can now manual select each gear in the 6 speed auto transmission. Not a new transmission, just new logic. 2009-11 have the 6 speed but they only used 5 of those gears, skipped the 5th gear into 6th. Kinda silly.
The tow hook addition requires cutting out a portion of the front plastic fascia unless your fascia already has holes to accept them. Easy job with a dremel and small torch to melt/smooth out the roof edges and make them shine if you want. It is a well documented job on the forum, just search for tow hooks. I would get them but Im getting a bully bar or brushguard eventually so I dont want to buy them and then have to sell them when I get back to the states.
While most parts havent changed, many factory and dealer options have and how they relate to other options.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all. i knew bout the tow hooks. aready looked all that up and such. you kno you can mount a bully bar.... and tow hooks? they work together. i was more asking bout like skid plates... or lights and shit. thanks guys appreciate it

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
mopar.com should have a safety kit for your truck. OR you can head down to your local dealer and order it. It's a factory order option for the 2012.

·
Registered
11 Posts
skid plates

thanks all. i knew bout the tow hooks. aready looked all that up and such. you kno you can mount a bully bar.... and tow hooks? they work together. i was more asking bout like skid plates... or lights and shit. thanks guys appreciate it

I had the skid plates installed on my 2012, so they do fit. The mopar catalog has them listed for the 2012. Here is the link http://www.mopar.com/ram/1500/2012/shop/335613/20/ .

I hope this helps you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts