DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in a blacked out FX2 F150 2013 for my White loaded Ram Lonestar. I love the truck and its drive quality. As I started looking at black wheels i noticed that black on chrome bumpers doesnt look very good. Has anyone Black chromed their wheels or bumpers with Dupli color or have any photos of what they have done to their Grill and wheels on a white truck? I am just at a loss and will probably have to go to a larger chrome wheel and tire combo. :(

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi FR8zilla,
It's not black chrome but it is pretty much blacked out. Started as a Tradesman, and I added some black out parts to it.

Enjoy and have fun,
preachp

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you think drop the wheel size from a 20" longhorn wheel to a 18" and get more rubber on the wheel? Or just put more rubber on the current wheel with Grappler or something?

·
Registered
378 Posts
i think your truck would look beast if you put a suspension lift on it and added some 35's with black wheels. Or even with the leveling kit some people stuff 35's in there but i am not a huge fan of that look. Also you can use plasti dip on your grille, i did with mine and it turned out well. Just did the inserts and it changed the look of it. If you want my opinion i think you should make all your chrome white and then do black accents.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the tip Draken. How can I see larger pics of your truck? Do they make Plastidip in white? and how well does it hold up to car washes?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Heres a plastidip thread i made of some mods i did. Check it out. Scroll down a little and you'll see when i plasi dipped it black.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=177812

It holds up perfect in car washes! even pressure washer as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
From what I've seen you don't want to anything big like the front bumper or grille with the dupli-color shadow black chrome stuff. It ends up with a greenish tint. I did use the dupli-color shadow on my front and rear emblems and have been happy with the way they turned out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks FINN, I may just do that.... WOndering what my 20" bighorn wheels I have on now would look like with a more aggressive tire on them. I cant find any threads with OEM wheels and diff tires on a level kit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks FINN, I may just do that.... WOndering what my 20" bighorn wheels I have on now would look like with a more aggressive tire on them. I cant find any threads with OEM wheels and diff tires on a level kit.
The pictures below are my stock 20's with 285/65R20 BFG A/Ts with a 2" level kit

Do you have photos RamBiker?
I did the front and rear emblems and the chrome center caps on my old stock wheels

1 - 20 of 22 Posts