1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
698 Posts
Man, that's a great article with some great transition details. The stages and results are very impressive.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
impressive is all i have to say. wish they would put a tranny to back the power in

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I thought it was an excellent write up, definately makes me want to add a few parts to my mod wish list haha. I need to change my gears and LSD first since I had the dreaded C-Clip pop out of my stock LSD and chewed up my axle housing. I've been looking for that turbo set up online though just to get a ball park figure on the price but I have yet to find it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard of the ATS trannies and also the Sharadon Stage 3, I'm sure one of those would hold. I'm not a big fan of the STS set-ups since they are remote mount under the bed, they salt the hell out of the roads up here in Nebraska so I don't think it would hold up very long.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hell my motor is gonna be better with my heads, minus the boost and that one has a bit more cam but i really need my torque. And that is a third gen truck motor no vvt!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've heard of the ATS trannies and also the Sharadon Stage 3, I'm sure one of those would hold. I'm not a big fan of the STS set-ups since they are remote mount under the bed, they salt the hell out of the roads up here in Nebraska so I don't think it would hold up very long.
Hey man i work at offutt afb too! Where do you work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a crewchief on the RJ...I'm sure you've seen my truck since we park in the same parking lot. White 3rd Gen blacked out on Rockstars lol.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm a crewchief on the RJ...I'm sure you've seen my truck since we park in the same parking lot. White 3rd Gen blacked out on Rockstars lol.
Yeh man im an ASE 2 on the RJ in the 38th RS. Mine is a White 09 CC 1500 Sport similar to yours. Im currently building a 400 stroker with my stock block and big valve heads with a Spartan Eagle cam all forged bottom end. Look up Omaha Mopar Area Hotrodders Association on facebook if you would like to follow up on the build better or locate local enthusiasts and or Heartland Modern Mopars on facebook both are great groups with lots of local events.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea sounds like it's going to be a pretty nice set up when you get it all up and running. I'll have to check out those sites...there was actually some guy working on a challenger in the hobby shop while I was putting my D&S rotors on that thought I was you cuz the trucks are similar, he told me about the Heartland Modern Mopars too.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Anyone else seen this article yet? I'm deployed right now so our magazines aren't exactly hot off the press. It's pretty crazy how much power they made from a hemi truck engine. They also claimed that their performance numbers were exactly the same with the plastic truck intake and the 6.1l intake.

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/1113tr_5_7l_hemi_performance_cam_ram_part_3_psiched/index.html
My stock plastic truck intake broke at around 14-15 psi boost, so I wouldn't rely on making big numbers with that one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I'm guessing that's why they made the switch, that's quite a bit of stress for plastic... But all the pre-boost numbers were similar

·
Registered
3,666 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very good read, ive been following this arcticle since the begining. I should take the plunge and be the first test dummy for one of those twin turbo sts systems. lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
Very good read, ive been following this arcticle since the begining. I should take the plunge and be the first test dummy for one of those twin turbo sts systems. lol
Build a front-mount setup and stay away from STS. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
WOW! I can not imagine having all of that power. I thought the SRT vehicles had enough power that is double... Dang I must be a wimp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts