DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got over 2000 miles on the truck and finally opened it up on the highway all the while riding the bumper of a "fast" Subaru! All of a sudden nothing! Shut down at 105mph! Does Dodge think we are driving golf carts for gods sake! First big negative:doh:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Trucks frequently are governed because they don't have the handling qualities necessary for maneuvers at high speeds. Of course the question begs what legitimate reason is there to go over 105 in the first place?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I used to have a saying when I was younger and a bit more careless with my life .....whenever anyone would ask me "why would you do that?" my reply would always be "because I can!" However if someone wishes to go 105 miles per hour and they are in an area where it is safe to do so....that would def be their decision... just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I agree with that but the only place that might be safe is a track with the truck set up to handle higher speeds. On the road you are now a threat to others.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
"Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly" :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I agree with that but the only place that might be safe is a track with the truck set up to handle higher speeds. On the road you are now a threat to others.
Why I specified "safe" :) <<<<would not endorse street racing or some other unsafe practice.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Biggest reason I wont have a 2011+until they crack the codes.

DiabloSport is my friend. :D

O_O post count is 2199...w3rd.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I can honestly say even though I have a tuner and set my speed limiter to 120mph, I don't believe I've ever gone past 90mph. Definitely not past 100mph.

I agree if your in a safe area where you can't harm anyone else, do as you wish, but I also agree it's hard to find a place on the road that you can go over 100mph and not be a threat to others. MAYBE in the middle of the night on a dead highway....even then though you never really know whose coming down the side street or whatever...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Come on dude, you really didn't see this coming when you made the post? Everybody tries to be everybody else's daddy...some even want it so bad they become cops.
LMAO <<<<<<<<<<<Does not wanna be yer Daddy...However if I were, I would probably not let you drive my truck son, you would have to drive your mothers car or your own truck ...I am just kidding here.. :)
And FYI "the interstate with no cars around" have at it. It's all on you. :)

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Hey fat1,
Glad to see such a positive attitude toward Law Enforcement. IMHO Next time you or one of your loved ones need help why not try calling 1-800-Eat Sh*t instead of 911. If you got a problem with Law Enforcement-keep it to yourself!
Jay

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I don't care if you're on a open desert highway and want to find the limit, but when we roll up, Im not feeling much sympathy other than for your loved ones.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Trucks are not quite the vehicles ya wanna be trying to break the sound barrier with. If ya wanna go fast then get a fast car that's made to handle the speed. I'm sure My fellow EMS brothers and sisters don't wanna pick ya up later.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Is the Interstate with no other cars around ok for ya'll?
Honestly no. At that speed in a truck not designed for it there is no such thing as "no other cars around". Driving at that speed gives you tunnel vision so you are less likely to see anything. I wonder how many times the boys in blue hear "I didn't see him". If you want to drive that fast go to a track.

Come on dude, you really didn't see this coming when you made the post? Everybody tries to be everybody else's daddy...some even want it so bad they become cops.
I could care less about being your, or any body else's "daddy"; I'm not going to shed a single tear for the guy who cracks his truck up acting like an idiot. I'll reserve my sympathy for the poor bugger they hit and the police and EMS who have to respond to the scene.

I have nothing against high speeds or racing; I raced cars for years, but public roads are never the place.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey fat1,
Glad to see such a positive attitude toward Law Enforcement. IMHO Next time you or one of your loved ones need help why not try calling 1-800-Eat Sh*t instead of 911. If you got a problem with Law Enforcement-keep it to yourself!
Jay
How about everybody does the job they're paid to do regardless of how I feel about the "attitudes" of law enforcement. I am permitted to share my humble opinion so I will not keep it to myself. You are proving my point with your reply as though LEO commands some sort of respect just because they have a badge. It still has to be earned. Don't bother replying, I'm not a cop hater and you know as well as I do a lot of them that have the daddy complex.

For the others. I'm not saying I agree with, replicate, encourage or support this activity. I was simply pointing to the fact that any time someone mentions something that is "against the law" or "unsafe" people post by the dozens admonishing them, as if they are the dads of the internet. Nor was I singling any one of the replies out, it was a generalization.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
<<<<< Will not participate in flame threads ...however.... Everyone is entitled to an opinion, at least here in the US where I am from, that being said.
The one thing I have found over the years to be truer than true, is that if you voice an opinion directly at someone you will get another take on it from someone else. That would be their opinion on your opinion. Of course, thats just my opinion. I personally hope this all works out for all parties.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Its a truck. I dont think I've ever done 100mph in a truck. 80 tops. A sports car? Sure. A sportbike? Definitely.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts