DODGE RAM FORUM banner

105mph governor! Really!

40313 Views 120 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  shadango
Just got over 2000 miles on the truck and finally opened it up on the highway all the while riding the bumper of a "fast" Subaru! All of a sudden nothing! Shut down at 105mph! Does Dodge think we are driving golf carts for gods sake! First big negative:doh:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,406 Posts
"Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly" :D

· Registered
1,406 Posts
I don't care if you're on a open desert highway and want to find the limit, but when we roll up, Im not feeling much sympathy other than for your loved ones.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Bottom line is that the truck is not designed for high speeds and the tires are not rated for it. That's why they put the limiter on. The idiot that does 150 in a full size truck and wraps it around a pole would immediately sue the manufacturer (if they lived).

I agree that if you want to do 100+, get a vehicle designed to do so.
If you want to drive your RAM like a Vette: Don't endanger others and don't file a claim for the accident on your insurance -and don't charge your medical insurance for your damaged body -and don't be married with kids -and don't have any friends or family that care about you. I'll still shovel your parts into a bag, but that's about it. Murphys law will get ya.

If people would buy some common sense, we wouldn't need these controlling laws.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Ya, I'm a hypocrite. As a motorcyclist, I believe in NO helmet law. That way, all the idiots would soon be off the road :LOL::att:

· Registered
1,406 Posts
You are correct about better blend components in Premium but the detergent package is the same in all octanes of a given brand. Also, by law, 87 MUST be a minimum of 87 road octane, 89 Must be 89, etc. Always, you get a couple tenths more than each grade advertised.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
I DO work in a Refinery (22 years to be exact) and Have spend many years as an actual Blender. ~ That's the guy that takes a recipe and 'blends' the components at ratios to create gasoline. I don't care what guy wrote an article and thinks he knows some "hidden story" or whatever, I KNOW gasoline.

I could go on and on and ON about this subject, but I must just say Dodgert, you are NOT accurate with your information. Some is true, but other is way off. What exactly did you do in the refinery? I'm just perplexed.

The additive package which is added at the terminal is NOT to raise Octane.
Premium gasoline is definitely better than regular gasoline. Now whether your vehicle benefits from the higher octane is a different story. I'm going to stop there for now.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Its how they did it at the one i worked at not all were equal and oh i did not have an important job was just an inspector so you might be right for the one you worked at but im right for the one i worked at they were crooked and had several million in fines levied against them.Not sure what one you worked at but sunoco was crooked and cheap just like there gas so i cant say your wrong nor can you say of me. We were the ones testing the gas so we knew what crap was coming out of there.
Why you think 2 refineries were closed in the last 2 years
I thought the same thing last night; You're referencing a refinery back East and I'm on the West Coast. I once visited a refinery in Toledo and was AMAZED at how different - and lax- it was back there! Not to disrespect the East, it's just SO stringent here.
Peace :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.