DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,300 Posts
I used to have a saying when I was younger and a bit more careless with my life .....whenever anyone would ask me "why would you do that?" my reply would always be "because I can!" However if someone wishes to go 105 miles per hour and they are in an area where it is safe to do so....that would def be their decision... just my opinion of course.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
I agree with that but the only place that might be safe is a track with the truck set up to handle higher speeds. On the road you are now a threat to others.
Why I specified "safe" :) <<<<would not endorse street racing or some other unsafe practice.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Come on dude, you really didn't see this coming when you made the post? Everybody tries to be everybody else's daddy...some even want it so bad they become cops.
LMAO <<<<<<<<<<<Does not wanna be yer Daddy...However if I were, I would probably not let you drive my truck son, you would have to drive your mothers car or your own truck ...I am just kidding here.. :)
And FYI "the interstate with no cars around" have at it. It's all on you. :)

· Registered
1,300 Posts
<<<<< Will not participate in flame threads ...however.... Everyone is entitled to an opinion, at least here in the US where I am from, that being said.
The one thing I have found over the years to be truer than true, is that if you voice an opinion directly at someone you will get another take on it from someone else. That would be their opinion on your opinion. Of course, thats just my opinion. I personally hope this all works out for all parties.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
I remember when they changed the speed limits across the country wasnt there a push by auto dealers to govern their vehicles or something, I thought I remembered something like that. Maybe I am just showing my age. It could very well be to do with tires, limiting a vehicle to the limit of a stock item on the vehicle would make sense from a law suit stand point these days. I mean it is the age of sue thy neighbor ..lol

· Registered
1,300 Posts
I always looked at the ideas of speed limiters, seat belts and helmets as steps backwards to evolution.

Having all the big-brother mandated safety stuff really does allow those who would otherwise be weeded out via natural selection to continue on , doing dumb stuff. Unfortunately, I guess the main issue is if that person kills someone INNOCENT. There is the rub. Otherwise, if some fool wants to do 150 in a wide open area on the interstate (remember, those roads were designed with 75 mph tops in mind) with no one around, have at it....just be prepared to pay the price.

105...in a controlled situation... in my 72 Barracuda feels SCARY FAST and twitchy.

My wife's Mustang feels like it is barely moving at 80.

Yes, high speeds CAN kill.

But, ok... you can do 105....if you were able to 110, would you magically get into a fatal wreck? Of course not.

Just like a pack of cigarettes or a box of ho-hos wont necessarily kill you unless you abuse them. LOL
:)
<<<<Will take the HoHos..thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.