DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any how too's or write up's on how and what all i need to wire up my new sub's?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need details, amp size and what ohm your going to run it at, are you tying into stock head unit or aftermarket head unit, did you already buy amp install kit
Here is the amd and subs i would like to just tie it into the stock head unit...

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Easy enough. You need a AOEM-CHR3 adapter from Pac. That will give your the RCA outs to the amp. It will also give you a blue wire that you connect the amps remote turn on wire to. (so when you turn the stereo on the amp turns on) Installing the adapter is easy. Just plug the adapter harness into the vehicle harness (removed from the back of the factory stereo. Plug the other end into the stereo and run your RCA cables to your amp. Of course you need to power your amp. My install was a speaker amp but its the same install really. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103497&goto=newpost Instead of running wire to speakers its run to your sub.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey can you post a link for the AOEM-CHR3 adapter? I have a 1.5 din stock in my 2007 Dodge ram 1500 and I'm hooking up subs and amp. Alpine type E's for my subs and AMP i can't remember the type. But will i need a PAC adapter?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help what type of amplifier installation kit did you use?

·
Registered
292 Posts
i really like the kit in the knukonceptz.com website. i bought the 70 dollar kit and my buddy got the 30 dollar kit. both are excellent and 4gauge. i always end up convincing myself a couple bucks never hurts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts