DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just installed an Air Lift WirelessOne on board compressor in my truck to run my Air Lift 1000 bags. I mounted the compressor, manifold, and relay above the spare tire bracket in the back (figured that was the best place to keep it as dry as possible without putting it inside the truck). From there I ran the main power wire up the drivers side of the truck zip tying it to the main wiring harness. My question is does anybody know if there's an unused cell in the fusebox that's turns on/off with the ignition that I can hook the wire up to? If not, where would be my best place to tie in to 12v ignition power?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hi Guys, I just installed an Air Lift WirelessOne on board compressor in my truck to run my Air Lift 1000 bags. I mounted the compressor, manifold, and relay above the spare tire bracket in the back (figured that was the best place to keep it as dry as possible without putting it inside the truck). From there I ran the main power wire up the drivers side of the truck zip tying it to the main wiring harness. My question is does anybody know if there's an unused cell in the fusebox that's turns on/off with the ignition that I can hook the wire up to? If not, where would be my best place to tie in to 12v ignition power?
That's a good question, I have had my TLC kit with the wireless compressor since December and its has not stopped being cold and snowing since, hopefully I can install it soon and will need to also tie it into the fuse box up front. hopefully someone will chime in on the best hook up location in that box.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
How many amps does the compressor draw? There should be a diagram of fusebox under the lid(maybe in owners manual)that shows fuse locations and any spares not used. Use multimeter to find key-on hot spare fuse. Shouldn't be that hard to hook up.

·
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many amps does the compressor draw? There should be a diagram of fusebox under the lid(maybe in owners manual)that shows fuse locations and any spares not used. Use multimeter to find key-on hot spare fuse. Shouldn't be that hard to hook up.
The compressor draws 7 amps. It came with a 15 amp inline fuse.

This afternoon I tried testing some of the empty fuse slots in the fuse box. None turned on with the ignition (which seams weird to me). So that might not be an option.... I'm going to check again tomorrow when I have some more time to work on it. Hopefully I'll find something.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
After thinking more, why couldn't you tap into the key-on 12v source fuse?
This should work.

·
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After thinking more, why couldn't you tap into the key-on 12v source fuse?
This should work.
I was trying to avoid splicing into another line. But if it comes down to that being my only option that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Use a fuse with a external wire on it. Most all auto stores have them.
Google fuse taps, you'll see what I mean. Plug and play.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just had the same issue when looking for a key on power source when I installed my bully dog. I ended up using the TCM fuse and tapped into that. That may not help you since it came with a 15 amp fuse. The fuse I tapped into is 10 amp.

These trucks are incredibly difficult to find a key on power source it seems...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
BrandonJ, It looks like you could use cavity M36 which is the 20 amp power outlet on instrument panel or center console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts