DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m posting here because I am at a loss. I own a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 5.7. I have P0308 and P1524 showing. The misfire only occurs around 4K RPM, then once it happens it’ll keep up until I restart the truck. Swapped coils, not it, changed the PCV valve, not it. Dealership charged me $129 to tell me it might be the fact that they don’t change my oil. I last had my oil changed about 500 miles ago. The issue started with about 700ish miles to go before said oil change. My oil pressure will dip down below the specs to keep VCT running at idle but is around 55-65 while driving, but I am not sure how to fix that. Is another oil change with a MOPAR filter the answer like the dealership said? I am at a loss otherwise.

Thanks For the help, this forum Has been helpful to me before.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Did you change the spark plug when you swapped the coil?

If the dealership told you it was because they didn't change the oil is more like they charged you and didn't do the diagnostic work they charged you for. That is not an acceptable answer they gave you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t change to new plugs but I moved the coil and current plugs to a different cylinder with no change in symptoms. I’m starting to think it is the injector as I don’t have a ticking/knocking noise from a valve or lifter

And that was my thought too, I had never gotten a response on a diagnostic test like that before. It was hard to swallow and unfortunately I had to run back to work so I didn’t have time to challenge them on it. Certainly makes me never want to go back to a dealership though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you change the spark plug when you swapped the coil?

If the dealership told you it was because they didn't change the oil is more like they charged you and didn't do the diagnostic work they charged you for. That is not an acceptable answer they gave you.

I didn’t change to new plugs but I moved the coil and current plugs to a different cylinder with no change in symptoms. I’m starting to think it is the injector as I don’t have a ticking/knocking noise from a valve or lifter

And that was my thought too, I had never gotten a response on a diagnostic test like that before. It was hard to swallow and unfortunately I had to run back to work so I didn’t have time to challenge them on it. Certainly makes me never want to go back to a dealership though

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Is there another dealership nearby that you can go to? Reno dodge is horrible. Even though theyre convenient for me to use, I've found a better dealership that's an hours drive away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts