DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Any thoughts on which one to go with?? I know the 14 is obviously the most aggressive, but my trucks a daily driver and will only have a few mods

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im in here with you, Ive been wondering which one to get too, only magnaflow for me. Mines also a daily driver and want it louder, but not loud to wake everyone up when I start it up on the cold mornings.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took the words right out of my mouth lol... I'm ready to order one just hard to really tell off of youtube videos...hopefully we will get some pointers!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I installed the 14"mufflex on my Ram,Just the right sound for me,I leave for work at 5:45am no complaints from neighbors.My 18 month old daughter has no trouble falling asleep while on a long drive,hope this helps..:smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks a lot to both you guys, I also leave around 530 am for work and would like to be thoughtful of my neighbors.

I was leaning towards the 18 inch, but the 14 inch sounds about right.

thanks again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys!! Ordering the 14" now...i'm glad i posted this before i ordered because it would have been the 18"!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
As you can see from my post of before & after vids, I am way glad I did the Magnaflow 18" from Mufflex. Really a great sound AND on my way home from install on the Parkway the drone WAS very present........I was a little worried...... but with a 14" you WILL get drone in the cab! And wait for these muffs to break in.....will only get louder......by the way, I did not do the Y pipe!

·
Registered
36 Posts
anyone with a broken in 14 inch have anything to comment? How loud it is when its fully broken in? And the drone?

I went through a lot of headaches modding my old car, and just kinda want to breeze through with this truck with no problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Magnaflow 14" on mine but i've only put a few hundred miles through it. Im still happy with my decision. I think any quiter and i wouldnt be happy. Im 31 so my young side wants a loud ass truck but my older side likes the quite cab, the 14" is perfect.:smileup:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've got 5000 miles on mine,so I think it;s broken in, its only slightly louder than when it was new.In my opinion the only time it's even close to being loud is at wide open throttle.As far as drone goes I drive with the trans in 5th,with disables the MDS,since i don't like the exhaust note while the Mds is engaged.while cruising at highway speed(70mph for me)their is a slight drone,but with the radio playing its not annoying at all,just my opinion...:smileup:.Rob

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the 14 and I think its too loud. Wish I had the 18. Mufflex will even tell you that you will have drone with the 14 and I do!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did you happen to see how flat the roads that truck was driving on are?? We have hills everywhere and even a slight incline when the engine has to work alittle more is when the drone is bad. If I'm driving on a completely flat surface its ok but thats not most of the time. For some reason at idle mine is much louder!

·
Registered
153 Posts
ahh man that makes me sketchy about buying any muffler.

anybody know if the drone comes in with a full catback system too?
If you get the 18 I think you will be very happy. Exhaust is a very subjective thing! I don't claim to know everything but I'm a managing partner for a very large retail automotive repair company for the past 25 years so I know a little:smileup: Magnflo is a great product!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hammer1 do you have MDS working when you are driving?I don't like the sound when it kicks in,I only use(MDS) it while crusing on the highway,around town I use it with the trans in 5th so the MDS won't engage,I love the low rumble of the 14", and you are correct exhaust sound is very subjective,what is too loud for one person is just right for another....:smileup::smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hammer1 do you have MDS working when you are driving?I don't like the sound when it kicks in,I only use(MDS) it while crusing on the highway,around town I use it with the trans in 5th so the MDS won't engage,I love the low rumble of the 14", and you are correct exhaust sound is very subjective,what is too loud for one person is just right for another....:smileup::smileup:..Rob
I never drive in MDS! I can feel it as much as I can hear it. MDS makes that great exhaust sound very poor!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the suggestipns and the video!! I with dino, i am young enough to want the loud exhaust but old enough to not need it too loud...I can't wait for the 14" to come in!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts