DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New here to the forum and am need of help and feedback. This is going to be a long read as I am going to provide as much accurate information as possible.... This will hopefully generate a call from someone with FCA that actually matters and if anyone here has a number they could provide me I would greatly appreciate it. My customer service adviser with FCA has done nothing for me. I have asked for a new one 5 times, a call from someone from ram with technical knowledge, and a call from a decision maker with FCA. Nothing close to that has happened only FCA contact I have had is with her. I have made same requests with dealership and nothing has happened with them either. I have been told by FCA adviser all kinds of tall tales made up by the dealership. I honestly think someone has screwed up and is trying to pin it on me.
So, I purchased my truck from a dealership six months ago where it was traded in for a Chevrolet with only 42k miles on it (to best of my memory.... it now has 58k). I drove it, loved it, got the deal I wanted, and it was all downhill from there. I believe I found out the truck had a service bulletin via the car fax report provided by the dealership so I took it into the local dealer to set up a time to drop it off (never did). While there I asked the service adviser to tell me the history of the truck and found out that I was the third or fourth owner and that the truck had spent most of its time in the shop for warranty work. The more alarming of the work was an injector, 4 PCM flashes and a new PCM being installed at the dealer prior to me purchasing it. Service Adviser told me that everything appeared to be related to updates on the vehicle and that I had nothing to worry about that the engines that weren't torqued correctly had been addressed.
Moving forward two weeks later I was pulling up to a busy intersection and wanted to turn right. I misjudged or didn't notice that a car was coming as i started to pull out so I slammed on the brakes. I believe my foot somehow ended up hitting the brake and throttle pedal at the same time and I got a service electronic throttle message and the truck went into limp mode. I wasn't far from dealer so I took it there and they did a reset and I was good to go. They explained what happened and why so I just kept my code scanner with me from then on to do the reset myself.
Roughly one month later I had it happen again and did the reset except this time I know I didn't hit the brake and gas at the same time. I did the reset myself and kept on trucking. About a week later it happened again and after that it seemed to happen all the time. About a month or so after it started happening more frequently I took it to my local dealer to have it checked out and told them what codes I was getting and they hooked up to it and told me there was no issue and sent me on my way. I continued to deal with this frequent check engine light and service electronic throttle for about another two months... One day I was towing my (3100lb.) dump trailer (empty) and as I was coming to a stop light the lights popped up and the truck went limp. This particular day I did not have my code reader and had to limp the remaining 1.5 miles home. When leaving for work the next morning I went to hook up the scanner to delete codes and all was clear without a reset. Made it to work went to lunch and made it back home with no issue. Later that night I was going to see a friend and had a solid 15 miles to travel on the interstate and an additional 3 miles on city streets. As soon as I got off the interstate I came up to a traffic light that was red and as I reached a stop the set and cel came back on and I could not reset them. I hooked up the code reader and took photos of the codes. I had a total of 27 a lot of which were duplicates... Here they are:
P24AE: Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit
P2138: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D"/"E" Voltage Correlation
U1424: Implausible Engine Torque Value Received
P060D: Internal Control Module Accelerator Pedal Position Performance
P062B: Internal Control Module Fuel Injector Control Performance
P2123: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit High Input

The next morning, I called the dealer closest to the location of the truck and was told by a service advisor that it sounded like an issue that could get covered by my power train warranty. I had FCA foot the bill for the towing to the dealership and this is when all the fun begins....
Dealer promised me either a courtesy vehicle I could tow with or a rental that I would be able to tow with. I was told that they only had cars in the courtesy fleet and none were available after driving from my house an hour to get there. They gave me the managers number for enterprise and told me they would set it up so that I could get a truck with a receiver. This never happened either.
After pressing the issue about not being able to work in a truck that I was unable to tow in they began to work on my truck to shut me up. I got a call saying that the PCM was bad and that is was going to be covered by FCA. Part came in and they installed it... truck would not start. They deemed the new PCM defective and ordered another one. They called and gave me this update and said they were getting the new PCM overnight-ed and it would be in by lunch the following day and the vehicle would be ready for pick-up shortly after. Around 3 I called to see what was up and I was told the tech was finishing everything up then and I could pick the truck up when I got off of work.
I went to the dealership and they hadn’t even received the new PCM yet. I got pissed and left. It was probably a week later when I got a call saying the truck was done and I could pick it up. I drove to the dealership immediately and got my vehicle( just shy of being there a month). I spoke with the general manager at this time and told him about my experience (I am giving you a very abbreviated version due to having to type all of this) he apologized and told me if there was anything in the future he could do that he would make it right (I called and left messages for the GM to call me over 20 times).
I got in the truck to head home (30 miles) and made it to my neighborhood when the truck fell on its face again. CEL and SET both popped and I immediately called FCA towing line and set up a pick up. I called service dept at dealership where I had just dropped off the rental told the service manager what had happened and requested to talk with the GM. I informed him he said he would handle it I requested a truck with a receiver and he put me in one. Man of his word so far. I did not take photos of the codes at this time, but I did check them and they were the same with the addition of a few others. I did not try a reset because I wanted them to see what was going on. If memory serves me I believe it was first thing the following day they called me to say it was an unrelated issue and they needed approval to bill me for diagnostics. I found this strange. If they knew what the issue was why would they be billing me for diagnostics and how could they know the issue was non-related and not covered under warranty without having diagnosed it already... I expressed this and dealership got pissed. Sent me a photo the next morning of a wire running across the top of the brake and throttle pedal. As soon as I saw this I knew they were running with it. About 3 weeks prior to taking the truck to the shop I installed an amp and subs in the truck and they found the RCA cables running from the stereo back to the amp. In the photo the wire was sitting on top of the brake pedal sensor and throttle pedal position sensor pigtail. I asked them what I was looking for in the photo and I was told that someone installed non-factory parts and the wire had been pulled through in a manner that ripped the wire for the throttle pedal position sensor partially out of the sensor and had also damaged the brake sensor. Due to having been the only person to have worked on the instillation I knew this was bullshit. They told me the truck needed a new throttle pedal and it was 200.00 plus two hours to install. I did not understand this either because the pedal assembly is removed by disconnecting one four pin connector and two nuts. I was later informed that it was because the pedal had to be programmed in order to work in the truck... (Does anyone know if this is accurate information? Everything I have read says to turn the key to on position wait for all lights to go off in cluster and slowly press pedal to floor and then slowly release turn key off and you are done.) They also told me it would be 6 days before they could get the part and I told them not to worry about it that I would get the part from another dealer to save time on the repair. The dealer I found that had the part was like 18 miles past the dealer that had my truck. I stopped and spoke to technician about my truck and asked him about the wire he had found. He told me that when people install aftermarket wires they often snatch the wires through and it causes damage to the harness and that was why my truck was messing up. I asked him if he plugged the connector back in before moving the truck out of the shop and he said no (remember service adviser said connector was damaged and partially unplugged. I asked if it was ok for me to inspect everything and he allowed it. Everything was plugged in and secured as it should be. no damage to pins or the male or female connectors at all. I asked if he had replaced the connectors or something already and he said no. He said that he had cleared the computer and he thought that the only issue was pedal. I asked if it ok to drive truck to other dealership to get the pedal and bring it back so we could see if any more codes were going to get thrown. He said it was cool. I told service adviser and left for another dealership. Made it around 10 miles and truck barfed up cel and set light and went limp again. did not have code reader to test I forgot it in truck. called dealership 20 times and no one answered got an uber back and told service adviser what happened he walked off without speaking and i got in courtesy vehicle and headed to dealership to get part. spoke to tech there and he told me there was a test that could be performed on pedal if it was bad they would know. on the way from the dealer with part i got some nasty messages about bringing back their truck or the cops were going to be called which i responded to by asking if they wanted the address where i was at.... told them i was going to where truck was to try installing part as to not have to tow the truck back to dealer. checked codes at this time and got the following 13 codes:
U1424: Implausible Engine Torque Value Received x2
P2123: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit High Input x2
P062B: Internal Control Module Fuel Injector Control Performance x3
P060D: Internal Control Module Accelerator Pedal Position Performance x2
P2138: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D"/"E" Voltage Correlation x2
U3017: Control Module Timer/Clock Performance
P2127: Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit Low Input

At this time, I cleared codes after taking photos and disconnected battery and connected positive and negative cables for hard reset. At Installed pedal (I also timed myself from the beginning (everything including performing the learn on the new pedal took just under 6 minutes not 2 hrs.). When I got under the dash to do the pedal I noticed that all of the wiring under the steering column had been messed with. everything was just hanging down nothing was secured. So i started looking at connections and wire conditions where they could be seen. Everything looked good but i did notice a large white male female terminal connection that had a big pivoting clip on it was not properly connected it was actually partially unplugged so I disconnected it and checked all terminals male and female end and everything appeared to be in good working order. I reconnected and secured with clip I waited for just over an hour before reconnecting cables then I turned ignition on performed learn for the new pedal (during all this i received 3-4 more calls and multiple texts about having me arrested for stealing their truck) after the learn process I started the truck and everything appeared normal and the throttle response was good. Just like it was before installing new pedal. No lights were on at all and I drove it around the gas station parking lot for a while to see what happened. After a few minutes the cel and set lights hit again... I ran codes to find all of the above listed codes minus some of the duplicates. I left my truck there and returned key to dealership. they said they would handle getting it back and address the issues. Tech told me that all codes were gone except for one (more lies nothing has been fixed at all) in fact I had one more code than before and the only code that didn't come back up was the P24AE: Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit. Dropped truck of with 6 different codes and upon picking it up I had 7 different codes.

While I am thinking about it I also want to add that the service adviser who answered the phone the first time i ever called in sold me on his dealership over others by telling me is diesel tech was the best in the south and that vehicles with issues other dealerships cannot fix were sent to them for this guy to deal with because he is the MAN. The service adviser gave me his cell number and said call/text anytime. This was his last day ever at this dealership and he provided me updates and feedback from the technician for the next 3 days. No one at the dealership had any communication with him after the day the truck was dropped off. It might also be important to mention that the Monday after the truck was dropped off the first time (according to the GM, sales manager, and service manager) all of the management was removed from the dealership and replaced with the people I have been dealing with. Makes me wonder what the hell was going on. This was the same day the service adviser who was texting with me disappeared as well. MOVING ALONG....

When I got back to the dealership after the truck through all of the codes even with the new pedal and we had the conversation about them taking care of everything the technician, service manager, and I spoke about how to handle the situation moving forward. We agreed that I would back off and they would be better about communicating clear information without it going through 10 different people and being a totally thing by the time it got to me. I was told that the codes I received were because they didn't program the pedal and the learn process I tried would not work. I said program the pedal and if it fixed the issue to bill me. I asked that they drive the truck and be sure that nothing was going to happen next time i came to pick it up. they agreed

7 days ago i spoke with service manager and he said that they hadn't got to the truck that it should be back up soon and he would let me know. he asked about billing me for diagnostics and i politely reminded him about the conversation we all had and the course of action they would take moving forward. He acknowledged and agreed with me and then gave me a recap of what was discussed when we all met. I was reassured he would personally handle it and we hung up. The next day I got a call or text asking about the courtesy vehicle and when I would be bringing it back... I said when my truck was done and they said well you won’t approve diagnostics so we are done with the truck until you are willing to spend some money. I asked to speak to the general manager and I was put on the phone with the sales manager who started going on about aftermarket parts and makeshift repairs and all kinds of other lies and nonsense. I was told to return the rental or they would report me for theft. I called bs again and asked for GM AGAIN. This time I got the GM and we had a normal conversation. He said that my truck was ready and everything was fixed and they wanted their truck back because it was sold. I asked what the issue was and he said he would have service contact me with the details he didn’t know. Last conversation with service was that the truck would be looked at on Monday and they would let me know what they found out when they had something. Someone (don’t remember who) told me they had 3 technicians work 5 hours on the truck to fix it because they needed the rental back due to having sold it. Service manager called me and said that the issue was fixed when the pedal was programmed and the tech had driven the truck to and from work several times to put miles on it and be sure of the repair. I knew this was straight shit because the previous day it was a totally different narrative from the same guy!!!! I asked him what the balance was because of programming and diagnostics and he said they ate the cost to be done with it. They also apparently had to eat the cost of the PCM because FCA only covered the part and not labor to install it. This didn't sound right so I called another dealer and asked and I was told that due to it being an emissions component they (FCA) had to cover it.

Knowing that I was walking into a trap I went to the dealership to get my truck. I looked under the dash and nothing was different from the last time I had seen it. all wires were still loose and hanging down. I got my belongings out of the rental and switched everything over at which point I met the sales manager and started shooting the breeze with him and my experience with the dealership. He told me he came out to talk to me because he thought I wanted to trade my truck in for a new one with all the issues I was having. He came to this conclusion because I said I didn't want his piece of shit rental or the piece of shit they were working on for me. He went on to say that he was going to shoot me straight. He had prepared himself to sale me a new truck and had done some fact finding because he wanted to know what it was going to cost the dealership to fix my truck when i traded it in. He told me that his technician is exceptionally good and he knew he had it figured out and the truck needed a new wiring harness. He said they fixed it for me but it was only a short-term solution and would ultimately need a new harness if it was going to be right. At this moment I knew they just hooked up to it and cleared the codes. He reassured me I would make it home and it would be fine at least for a bit.... I told him that I was disappointed and would be getting an attorney to pursue the dealership any way I could and I wouldn't buy shit from them. He was in salesman form talking very calm and related to me with anything I said. said what the dealership had done was f'd up and that he would be pissed off also. He said that FCA should step it up and just cover the repair because the truck was a 1st generation Eco Diesel and a piece of shit. So i kept picking and picking to try and get as much info as I could and be friendly with the guy. When all was said and done I said I had better leave to try and make it home (left at 10:50 PM) that I didn’t want to be stranded on the interstate because I was confident I wasn't getting far. He reassured me again I would make it with no issue and gave me his cell number in the event I had issues getting home. He said no matter the time he was there for me etc.... Needless to say I just barely made it out of the parking lot. Hit the pedal to pull out and it fell on its face CEL and SET lights lit up again. I limped the truck back to the parking spot and I then noticed the engine was making a weird ticking/knocking noise on the top left hand (facing truck) side of the truck under a cover for something. I just realized I have screwed up the letters for the lights this whole time and there is not a chance am going to fix them. The codes I got this time were:
P0087: Fuel Rail System Pressure to Low x3

I called the sales manager and he met me outside and said he would put me in another loaner and he would handle it for me this time (personally). He would reach out to everyone and get FCA to do whatever they could to help and all kinds of other garbage I didn't believe a word of. All of this happened on a Saturday night I think. I asked about a schematic for the harness and the appropriate contacts for FCA. He said he would get it all Monday when he escalated the case with FCA. (Supposedly it had already been escalated and they had been involved with the FCA area tech.) I called today and asked another dealer to check what they could see in my file and there was not a star case open and FCA wasn't really all that involved aside from the calls I had made to the customer service adviser. FCA adviser also told me she would be opening a star case but the other dealer couldn't see it but could see everything else. I also asked for a quote for the harness replacement and I got two options first thing this morning.
$992 for harness $150 freight charge 16 hours labor (it was 22 hours and they wrote over it to make it 16) then it says $2400 labor $3567 out the door and I got a second option for doing a harness overlay where they just run wires and bypass the harness for $25 freight, $65 overlay, and $81 pigtail 8 hours labor at $1200 totaling $1340 out the door. I also noticed that the truck doesn’t start any longer when you turn the key, it just sits there and spins over until you press the pedal and which time it will start up, just another example of my truck being worse off now than when i dropped it off the first time. I asked if they guaranteed this to fix the issue and i was told no. I asked if they would eat the cost if they were wrong and I was told that it depended on the circumstances.
I told him I could not make a decision at the moment and needed to speak with someone that mattered at FCA he said he would see what he could do to get me a number. A few hours later he called back and ask what my decision was. Indicated if I didn't agree to pay for the repair i needed to return the truck. I said I needed more time and I had sent an email to FCA and was looking for a response and a friend of mine I just found out has a good friend that works for a different local dealer and is the service manager. I said I would need to speak with an authority with FCA and the guy at the other dealership before i could make a decision. That’s where it ends (for now)

I am disgusted with this dealer and FCA totally at least the lady assigned to me... that’s all i know of fca. Sadly, this is a shortened version of everything I have been through. There is no way I can trust anyone at this place ever again. Sales manager offered me 22k for the truck I bought for a lot more just a few months ago. He was also generous enough to try selling me a truck 1 year newer with more than double the miles for almost double what I paid for my truck... FCA please step up and make sure you handle the repairs to my vehicle or at minimum reach out to me so I know this is being taken seriously and I know that there is involvement. Something of this magnitude should have seen attention from a more capable FCA representative a long time ago.
what do yall think?
Have I lost my mind?
Does anyone know how I can take this any further? I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. I am a contractor and own my company and I know about difficult customers and I know that I am one of those but I did not come into this situation with a negative attitude. It’s from being shit on by a substandard ram dealer far too many times. How is it possible that they install a PCM under warranty get no result from it and call a repair done and send me down the road to break down.... How many more times.
If anyone thinks I am full of it I have a lot of electronic documents to support my story

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Latest update....
I did a lot of digging and found some sympathy from someone in FCA. They gave me a few numbers which lead to a few more....
I got the contact info for the FCA area service manager names Cornelius and reached out to him. Conversation was very one sided. He had his mind made up well before ever speaking to me. He knew about me and my truck well before we spoke. The dealership has tainted this thing pretty bad for me. He said he is the man and all service everything goes through him and I was done. After hanging up my new FCA advisor called to inform me that he had taken the case over (finally). While he was on the phone an update from Cornelius came through and the guy basically ended the conversation. F**K FCA. I love my truck, but whatever ends up happening with it.... it will be my last dodge. The truck just rolled over 55k miles today and still has power train warranty. According to MR. FCA himself if the dealer diagnosed the issue as a PCM and that was a failed diagnosis then they should be responsible for the repair from then on until they get it right. Not only was the PCM a botch diagnosis, but the pedal was also a failure as well. I paid for that, went and got it, and installed it just to see another failed attempt at a diagnosis.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Time to get a lawyer & go through Arbitration

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly, I believe that is what its going to come down to. I am trying to resolve the issue myself and think I have it figured out, but it is a work in progress. Once I get it all figured out I will have the extra time to fight FCA.
FCA definitely plays a strong roll in this, however, I am going to have to really hold the dealership responsible.
If anyone in the south is looking for FCA contact numbers let me know. I would like to keep Cornelius as covered up with calls he doesn't want as possible. He really let me down when he sided with the dealer without looking at all the facts and reviewing my documents.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd just dump the truck. If it has had 3 or 4 owners at only 42,000 miles its a turd. FCA knows it and hopes it just goes away. The 2014 eco's are the worst and has caused FCA a lot of problems.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Hello all,
New here to the forum and am need of help and feedback. This is going to be a long read as I am going to provide as much accurate information as possible.... This will hopefully generate a call from someone with FCA that actually matters and if anyone here has a number they could provide me I would greatly appreciate it. My customer service adviser with FCA has done nothing for me. I have asked for a new one 5 times, a call from someone from ram with technical knowledge, and a call from a decision maker with FCA. Nothing close to that has happened only FCA contact I have had is with her. I have made same requests with dealership and nothing has happened with them either. I have been told by FCA adviser all kinds of tall tales made up by the dealership. I honestly think someone has screwed up and is trying to pin it on me.
So, I purchased my truck from a dealership six months ago where it was traded in for a Chevrolet with only 42k miles on it (to best of my memory.... it now has 58k). I drove it, loved it, got the deal I wanted, and it was all downhill from there. I believe I found out the truck had a service bulletin via the car fax report provided by the dealership so I took it into the local dealer to set up a time to drop it off (never did). While there I asked the service adviser to tell me the history of the truck and found out that I was the third or fourth owner and that the truck had spent most of its time in the shop for warranty work. The more alarming of the work was an injector, 4 PCM flashes and a new PCM being installed at the dealer prior to me purchasing it. Service Adviser told me that everything appeared to be related to updates on the vehicle and that I had nothing to worry about that the engines that weren't torqued correctly had been addressed.
Moving forward two weeks later I was pulling up to a busy intersection and wanted to turn right. I misjudged or didn't notice that a car was coming as i started to pull out so I slammed on the brakes. I believe my foot somehow ended up hitting the brake and throttle pedal at the same time and I got a service electronic throttle message and the truck went into limp mode. I wasn't far from dealer so I took it there and they did a reset and I was good to go. They explained what happened and why so I just kept my code scanner with me from then on to do the reset myself.
Roughly one month later I had it happen again and did the reset except this time I know I didn't hit the brake and gas at the same time. I did the reset myself and kept on trucking. About a week later it happened again and after that it seemed to happen all the time. About a month or so after it started happening more frequently I took it to my local dealer to have it checked out and told them what codes I was getting and they hooked up to it and told me there was no issue and sent me on my way. I continued to deal with this frequent check engine light and service electronic throttle for about another two months... One day I was towing my (3100lb.) dump trailer (empty) and as I was coming to a stop light the lights popped up and the truck went limp. This particular day I did not have my code reader and had to limp the remaining 1.5 miles home. When leaving for work the next morning I went to hook up the scanner to delete codes and all was clear without a reset. Made it to work went to lunch and made it back home with no issue. Later that night I was going to see a friend and had a solid 15 miles to travel on the interstate and an additional 3 miles on city streets. As soon as I got off the interstate I came up to a traffic light that was red and as I reached a stop the set and cel came back on and I could not reset them. I hooked up the code reader and took photos of the codes. I had a total of 27 a lot of which were duplicates... Here they are:
P24AE: Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit
P060D: Internal Control Module Accelerator Pedal Position Performance

The next morning, I called the dealer closest to the location of the truck and was told by a service advisor that it sounded like an issue that could get covered by my power train warranty. I had FCA foot the bill for the towing to the dealership and this is when all the fun begins....
Dealer promised me either a courtesy vehicle I could tow with or a rental that I would be able to tow with. I was told that they only had cars in the courtesy fleet and none were available after driving from my house an hour to get there. They gave me the managers number for enterprise and told me they would set it up so that I could get a truck with a receiver. This never happened either.
After pressing the issue about not being able to work in a truck that I was unable to tow in they began to work on my truck to shut me up. I got a call saying that the PCM was bad and that is was going to be covered by FCA. Part came in and they installed it... truck would not start. They deemed the new PCM defective and ordered another one. They called and gave me this update and said they were getting the new PCM overnight-ed and it would be in by lunch the following day and the vehicle would be ready for pick-up shortly after. Around 3 I called to see what was up and I was told the tech was finishing everything up then and I could pick the truck up when I got off of work.
I went to the dealership and they hadn’t even received the new PCM yet. I got pissed and left. It was probably a week later when I got a call saying the truck was done and I could pick it up. I drove to the dealership immediately and got my vehicle( just shy of being there a month). I spoke with the general manager at this time and told him about my experience (I am giving you a very abbreviated version due to having to type all of this) he apologized and told me if there was anything in the future he could do that he would make it right (I called and left messages for the GM to call me over 20 times).
I got in the truck to head home (30 miles) and made it to my neighborhood when the truck fell on its face again. CEL and SET both popped and I immediately called FCA towing line and set up a pick up. I called service dept at dealership where I had just dropped off the rental told the service manager what had happened and requested to talk with the GM. I informed him he said he would handle it I requested a truck with a receiver and he put me in one. Man of his word so far. I did not take photos of the codes at this time, but I did check them and they were the same with the addition of a few others. I did not try a reset because I wanted them to see what was going on. If memory serves me I believe it was first thing the following day they called me to say it was an unrelated issue and they needed approval to bill me for diagnostics. I found this strange. If they knew what the issue was why would they be billing me for diagnostics and how could they know the issue was non-related and not covered under warranty without having diagnosed it already... I expressed this and dealership got pissed. Sent me a photo the next morning of a wire running across the top of the brake and throttle pedal. As soon as I saw this I knew they were running with it. About 3 weeks prior to taking the truck to the shop I installed an amp and subs in the truck and they found the RCA cables running from the stereo back to the amp. In the photo the wire was sitting on top of the brake pedal sensor and throttle pedal position sensor pigtail. I asked them what I was looking for in the photo and I was told that someone installed non-factory parts and the wire had been pulled through in a manner that ripped the wire for the throttle pedal position sensor partially out of the sensor and had also damaged the brake sensor. Due to having been the only person to have worked on the instillation I knew this was bullshit. They told me the truck needed a new throttle pedal and it was 200.00 plus two hours to install. I did not understand this either because the pedal assembly is removed by disconnecting one four pin connector and two nuts. I was later informed that it was because the pedal had to be programmed in order to work in the truck... (Does anyone know if this is accurate information? Everything I have read says to turn the key to on position wait for all lights to go off in cluster and slowly press pedal to floor and then slowly release turn key off and you are done.) They also told me it would be 6 days before they could get the part and I told them not to worry about it that I would get the part from another dealer to save time on the repair. The dealer I found that had the part was like 18 miles past the dealer that had my truck. I stopped and spoke to technician about my truck and asked him about the wire he had found. He told me that when people install aftermarket wires they often snatch the wires through and it causes damage to the harness and that was why my truck was messing up. I asked him if he plugged the connector back in before moving the truck out of the shop and he said no (remember service adviser said connector was damaged and partially unplugged. I asked if it was ok for me to inspect everything and he allowed it. Everything was plugged in and secured as it should be. no damage to pins or the male or female connectors at all. I asked if he had replaced the connectors or something already and he said no. He said that he had cleared the computer and he thought that the only issue was pedal. I asked if it ok to drive truck to other dealership to get the pedal and bring it back so we could see if any more codes were going to get thrown. He said it was cool. I told service adviser and left for another dealership. Made it around 10 miles and truck barfed up cel and set light and went limp again. did not have code reader to test I forgot it in truck. called dealership 20 times and no one answered got an uber back and told service adviser what happened he walked off without speaking and i got in courtesy vehicle and headed to dealership to get part. spoke to tech there and he told me there was a test that could be performed on pedal if it was bad they would know. on the way from the dealer with part i got some nasty messages about bringing back their truck or the cops were going to be called which i responded to by asking if they wanted the address where i was at.... told them i was going to where truck was to try installing part as to not have to tow the truck back to dealer. checked codes at this time and got the following 13 codes:
U1424: Implausible Engine Torque Value Received x2
P2123: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit High Input x2
P062B: Internal Control Module Fuel Injector Control Performance x3
P060D: Internal Control Module Accelerator Pedal Position Performance x2
P2138: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D"/"E" Voltage Correlation x2
P2127: Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit Low Input

At this time, I cleared codes after taking photos and disconnected battery and connected positive and negative cables for hard reset. At Installed pedal (I also timed myself from the beginning (everything including performing the learn on the new pedal took just under 6 minutes not 2 hrs.). When I got under the dash to do the pedal I noticed that all of the wiring under the steering column had been messed with. everything was just hanging down nothing was secured. So i started looking at connections and wire conditions where they could be seen. Everything looked good but i did notice a large white male female terminal connection that had a big pivoting clip on it was not properly connected it was actually partially unplugged so I disconnected it and checked all terminals male and female end and everything appeared to be in good working order. I reconnected and secured with clip I waited for just over an hour before reconnecting cables then I turned ignition on performed learn for the new pedal (during all this i received 3-4 more calls and multiple texts about having me arrested for stealing their truck) after the learn process I started the truck and everything appeared normal and the throttle response was good. Just like it was before installing new pedal. No lights were on at all and I drove it around the gas station parking lot for a while to see what happened. After a few minutes the cel and set lights hit again... I ran codes to find all of the above listed codes minus some of the duplicates. I left my truck there and returned key to dealership. they said they would handle getting it back and address the issues. Tech told me that all codes were gone except for one (more lies nothing has been fixed at all) in fact I had one more code than before and the only code that didn't come back up was the P24AE: Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit. Dropped truck of with 6 different codes and upon picking it up I had 7 different codes.

While I am thinking about it I also want to add that the service adviser who answered the phone the first time i ever called in sold me on his dealership over others by telling me is diesel tech was the best in the south and that vehicles with issues other dealerships cannot fix were sent to them for this guy to deal with because he is the MAN. The service adviser gave me his cell number and said call/text anytime. This was his last day ever at this dealership and he provided me updates and feedback from the technician for the next 3 days. No one at the dealership had any communication with him after the day the truck was dropped off. It might also be important to mention that the Monday after the truck was dropped off the first time (according to the GM, sales manager, and service manager) all of the management was removed from the dealership and replaced with the people I have been dealing with. Makes me wonder what the hell was going on. This was the same day the service adviser who was texting with me disappeared as well. MOVING ALONG....

When I got back to the dealership after the truck through all of the codes even with the new pedal and we had the conversation about them taking care of everything the technician, service manager, and I spoke about how to handle the situation moving forward. We agreed that I would back off and they would be better about communicating clear information without it going through 10 different people and being a totally thing by the time it got to me. I was told that the codes I received were because they didn't program the pedal and the learn process I tried would not work. I said program the pedal and if it fixed the issue to bill me. I asked that they drive the truck and be sure that nothing was going to happen next time i came to pick it up. they agreed

7 days ago i spoke with service manager and he said that they hadn't got to the truck that it should be back up soon and he would let me know. he asked about billing me for diagnostics and i politely reminded him about the conversation we all had and the course of action they would take moving forward. He acknowledged and agreed with me and then gave me a recap of what was discussed when we all met. I was reassured he would personally handle it and we hung up. The next day I got a call or text asking about the courtesy vehicle and when I would be bringing it back... I said when my truck was done and they said well you won’t approve diagnostics so we are done with the truck until you are willing to spend some money. I asked to speak to the general manager and I was put on the phone with the sales manager who started going on about aftermarket parts and makeshift repairs and all kinds of other lies and nonsense. I was told to return the rental or they would report me for theft. I called bs again and asked for GM AGAIN. This time I got the GM and we had a normal conversation. He said that my truck was ready and everything was fixed and they wanted their truck back because it was sold. I asked what the issue was and he said he would have service contact me with the details he didn’t know. Last conversation with service was that the truck would be looked at on Monday and they would let me know what they found out when they had something. Someone (don’t remember who) told me they had 3 technicians work 5 hours on the truck to fix it because they needed the rental back due to having sold it. Service manager called me and said that the issue was fixed when the pedal was programmed and the tech had driven the truck to and from work several times to put miles on it and be sure of the repair. I knew this was straight shit because the previous day it was a totally different narrative from the same guy!!!! I asked him what the balance was because of programming and diagnostics and he said they ate the cost to be done with it. They also apparently had to eat the cost of the PCM because FCA only covered the part and not labor to install it. This didn't sound right so I called another dealer and asked and I was told that due to it being an emissions component they (FCA) had to cover it.

Knowing that I was walking into a trap I went to the dealership to get my truck. I looked under the dash and nothing was different from the last time I had seen it. all wires were still loose and hanging down. I got my belongings out of the rental and switched everything over at which point I met the sales manager and started shooting the breeze with him and my experience with the dealership. He told me he came out to talk to me because he thought I wanted to trade my truck in for a new one with all the issues I was having. He came to this conclusion because I said I didn't want his piece of shit rental or the piece of shit they were working on for me. He went on to say that he was going to shoot me straight. He had prepared himself to sale me a new truck and had done some fact finding because he wanted to know what it was going to cost the dealership to fix my truck when i traded it in. He told me that his technician is exceptionally good and he knew he had it figured out and the truck needed a new wiring harness. He said they fixed it for me but it was only a short-term solution and would ultimately need a new harness if it was going to be right. At this moment I knew they just hooked up to it and cleared the codes. He reassured me I would make it home and it would be fine at least for a bit.... I told him that I was disappointed and would be getting an attorney to pursue the dealership any way I could and I wouldn't buy shit from them. He was in salesman form talking very calm and related to me with anything I said. said what the dealership had done was f'd up and that he would be pissed off also. He said that FCA should step it up and just cover the repair because the truck was a 1st generation Eco Diesel and a piece of shit. So i kept picking and picking to try and get as much info as I could and be friendly with the guy. When all was said and done I said I had better leave to try and make it home (left at 10:50 PM) that I didn’t want to be stranded on the interstate because I was confident I wasn't getting far. He reassured me again I would make it with no issue and gave me his cell number in the event I had issues getting home. He said no matter the time he was there for me etc.... Needless to say I just barely made it out of the parking lot. Hit the pedal to pull out and it fell on its face CEL and SET lights lit up again. I limped the truck back to the parking spot and I then noticed the engine was making a weird ticking/knocking noise on the top left hand (facing truck) side of the truck under a cover for something. I just realized I have screwed up the letters for the lights this whole time and there is not a chance am going to fix them. The codes I got this time were:
P0087: Fuel Rail System Pressure to Low x3

I called the sales manager and he met me outside and said he would put me in another loaner and he would handle it for me this time (personally). He would reach out to everyone and get FCA to do whatever they could to help and all kinds of other garbage I didn't believe a word of. All of this happened on a Saturday night I think. I asked about a schematic for the harness and the appropriate contacts for FCA. He said he would get it all Monday when he escalated the case with FCA. (Supposedly it had already been escalated and they had been involved with the FCA area tech.) I called today and asked another dealer to check what they could see in my file and there was not a star case open and FCA wasn't really all that involved aside from the calls I had made to the customer service adviser. FCA adviser also told me she would be opening a star case but the other dealer couldn't see it but could see everything else. I also asked for a quote for the harness replacement and I got two options first thing this morning.
$992 for harness $150 freight charge 16 hours labor (it was 22 hours and they wrote over it to make it 16) then it says $2400 labor $3567 out the door and I got a second option for doing a harness overlay where they just run wires and bypass the harness for $25 freight, $65 overlay, and $81 pigtail 8 hours labor at $1200 totaling $1340 out the door. I also noticed that the truck doesn’t start any longer when you turn the key, it just sits there and spins over until you press the pedal and which time it will start up, just another example of my truck being worse off now than when i dropped it off the first time. I asked if they guaranteed this to fix the issue and i was told no. I asked if they would eat the cost if they were wrong and I was told that it depended on the circumstances.
I told him I could not make a decision at the moment and needed to speak with someone that mattered at FCA he said he would see what he could do to get me a number. A few hours later he called back and ask what my decision was. Indicated if I didn't agree to pay for the repair i needed to return the truck. I said I needed more time and I had sent an email to FCA and was looking for a response and a friend of mine I just found out has a good friend that works for a different local dealer and is the service manager. I said I would need to speak with an authority with FCA and the guy at the other dealership before i could make a decision. That’s where it ends (for now)

I am disgusted with this dealer and FCA totally at least the lady assigned to me... that’s all i know of fca. Sadly, this is a shortened version of everything I have been through. There is no way I can trust anyone at this place ever again. Sales manager offered me 22k for the truck I bought for a lot more just a few months ago. He was also generous enough to try selling me a truck 1 year newer with more than double the miles for almost double what I paid for my truck... FCA please step up and make sure you handle the repairs to my vehicle or at minimum reach out to me so I know this is being taken seriously and I know that there is involvement. Something of this magnitude should have seen attention from a more capable FCA representative a long time ago.
what do yall think?
Have I lost my mind?
Does anyone know how I can take this any further? I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. I am a contractor and own my company and I know about difficult customers and I know that I am one of those but I did not come into this situation with a negative attitude. It’s from being shit on by a substandard ram dealer far too many times. How is it possible that they install a PCM under warranty get no result from it and call a repair done and send me down the road to break down.... How many more times.
If anyone thinks I am full of it I have a lot of electronic documents to support my story
Hello Brokedownagain,

We're terribly sorry to hear you've been a hard time with your Ram! It sounds like you have a case within our system. Send me your case number or VIN within a direct message as I'd be glad to look more into this.

Jasmine
Ram Social Care Specialist

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Brokedownagain,

We're terribly sorry to hear you've been a hard time with your Ram! It sounds like you have a case within our system. Send me your case number or VIN within a direct message as I'd be glad to look more into this.

Jasmine
Ram Social Care Specialist
I fully sympathize with you.. I am in an earilly similar situation. Licensed G.Contractor in Cali, 2015 ecodiesel, 4th owner at 39,000 miles, same codes, same unfixed issues, and worn down hard from wondering when I will be stranded on the side of the road with my tools in my trailer because my truck goes limp. "Fixed" the electronic throttle sensor issues several times now, had the truck at shop for 2.5 months around Xmas, and poof, 2 days into getting back to work LIGHTS COME ON AND IM LIMPING TO OC from LA yet again. I got in touch with Fiat Chry. on Thursday, and they told me it qualifies as a return.. I am waiting the 2 to 4 days to hear from them as they promised with details on the lemon return and if they dont come through, I am hiring one of the many lemon law lawyers we have here. I hope it works out for you, and you don't lose more work from this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts