DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 ram 1500 with the 5.7 and the cam went flat so I found a new engine and swapped them out. The actual swap went pretty smooth but now it won’t start. I turn the key and the dash lights up, but the radio won’t come on. I get every warning light there is including power steering fault and low brake fluid. When I turn the key to start it I hear the relay in the fuse box click once but that’s it and the red anti theft light flashes on the speedometer. Also with the key on the shifter is still locked, I can’t step on the brake and get it in neutral. I hooked up a scanner and it powers on but says cannot detect ignition on.

I used my old engine wiring harness, double checked all the grounds, the fuses, and disconnected the battery again. I’ve also tried both key fobs. Is it possible my ecu may need to be reflashed?

I’d appreciate any help on this. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,427 Posts
If you used your original harness including all the modules and ecu it should start. Go back and check everything you did when changing out the engine. Pinched broken wiring, unplugged connectors things like that.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Something is up electrically, definitely follow the advice above. Also, do you happen to know what year the replacement came out of? There was a crank tone wheel change for 2013+.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts