DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Looks really cool, looking forward to seeing videos of it rolling.

If you havent gotten into the electronics yet I would recomend an H&S tuner. I would say they have the best programers for 6.7 and they are extremely helpful when it comes to customer service and custom tunes

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ive always wanted to make a half ton 5.9 24v or 6.7 for a fast as hell 2x4 or 1500 powerwagon diesel type truck lots of respect for giving it go ill be watching!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Just curious is the 1500 frame strong enough in stock form or are you having to do any additional bracing? Also what rear end are you running, AAM 11.5"?. Love the project though can't wait to see more progress!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks really cool, looking forward to seeing videos of it rolling.

If you havent gotten into the electronics yet I would recomend an H&S tuner. I would say they have the best programers for 6.7 and they are extremely helpful when it comes to customer service and custom tunes
h&s is very nice have a good friend running it. i'm thinking of waiting for efi live. but i also have a friend that wants to do custom tune that hes been working on will see what happens

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just curious is the 1500 frame strong enough in stock form or are you having to do any additional bracing? Also what rear end are you running, AAM 11.5"?. Love the project though can't wait to see more progress!

the frame is strong enough. no additional bracing needed. as of now im running the 11.5 rear end with 3.42 gears. i will be going to a 9'' and four link on the winter.

i am also going to build twins in the fall of summer if everything goes good

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Man that thing is going to be freaking sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
the frame is strong enough. no additional bracing needed. as of now im running the 11.5 rear end with 3.42 gears. i will be going to a 9'' and four link on the winter.

i am also going to build twins in the fall of summer if everything goes good
Awesome, can't wait to see more of this project! Keep up the motivation and good work.

·
Registered
910 Posts
That is a big a** intercooler...What are you going to use for Bumper???

·
Registered
566 Posts
Completely impressed with the size of your [email protected]!!! Damn it.:SHOCKED: Really cool and it starts about 100 questions for me. Most come from "I wish I was doing this" brain pattern.
1) Why a 6.7? I would have thought the 5.9 would have been the choice given the nearly identical power and better mileage. (okay, I feel stupid for talking about mileage on this project)
2) Changing the rear axle housing/springs to a 2500 unit I hope? Because you'll twist the 1500 like a pretzel and axle wrap the hell out of the springs. (and driveshaft of course)
3) How bad is the computer & harness swapping going to be?
4) I hate you. :smileup: (not really a question as much as it is jealousy).

Okay you don't have to answer any of these, but my brain started rolling as soon as I saw the thread title. sry. Can't wait to see more down the road form this project. Good luck to ya!

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
1) Why a 6.7? I would have thought the 5.9 would have been the choice given the nearly identical power and better mileage. (okay, I feel stupid for talking about mileage on this project)
6.7's are monsters and get similar fuel mileage to a 5.9 w without the DPF!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I love it. When I started shopping for a new truck, it had been a while, I was hoping someone had put a diesel in a new 1500. I would have bought it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts