DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
new to this so please bare with me. I purchased a '16 ram bighorn. came with 20 in rims. I wish to put 17 x8 or 8.5 aftermarket rims on this. any issues? what should the offset be. Want to run 285x75x17 or 1 size larger. please help

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
17s are fine, but they are the smallest size you can put on your 4th gen. Any smaller and the wheels won't clear the brake calipers

·
Registered
612 Posts
17's are fine on your truck. My Rebel came stock with 285/70-17 tires, and have no clearance issues of course (since that's the stock size). The tire size you listed should work, but will be a little over 1/2 inch taller than stock. It will affect your speedometer accuracy, so be aware of that. I don't know what offset my stock wheels have, but the tire rack web page lists offsets anywhere from -12 to +20 as fitting. Your tire size will affect which offset you can use without rubbing, and since you're going up in size I'd stay as close to stock offset as you can. Of course you should discuss this with the store where you plan to buy them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts