DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got my 17 reg cab night edition to the track. 13.4 at 100mph with a 1.9 60'.Greene tune, 2.5/4.5 drop, 160 thermostat and muffler delete. not bad but it has Alot more in it. I have a wobble at high speed under WOT so im letting off a lil early and im having to roll on the throttle easy with the stock tires. QA1's are in the very near future to fix the wobble then its new tires. I'm looking at 285/50r20 front and 305/50r20 rears toyo proxie st II's. Anyone else running these tires and how do they hook at the track and on the street? Looking for 12's very soon before any bolt ons and want to do it on street tires.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it has 3.92 lsd. ill be able to let some air out of the rears when i get my qa1's and hopefully go 1.8xx 60'. the 1.9 was with 40psi. didnt want to drop to 25-30psi and make the wobble worse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I went try 1 more time before the new shocks and was able to run a best of 13.3 with shitty DA. It was hot and humid friday. DA was at almost 2500. time corrected to 12.971 @ 105. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
High 13s maybe, don't think your 300hp 5000lb truck is in the high 12s.

You'd need around 450whp at the tire to see legit 12 second passes without significant weight reduction.

Hate to doubt you, and it may be possible but not on paper. Have any video?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have video and time slips. im offshore at work so ill post this evening but why is that so hard to believe when the new 8 speed regular cabs are running 13.9's stock???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So that's the requirements? It has to be that way or it didn't happen Right? Lmao. And who said I wasn't track prepped?(weight reduction) and if it's so hard to believe then there's a simple solution....line up. :smileup:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have seen those calculators, I don't know if the new multi speed transmissions throw it off though. They have to make a difference vs. the old trans.
They are a bit more efficient also but keeping the engine in the power band has to help ET.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah ive seen them to and i just saw that one. now look at my time slips and go punch #'s on your calculator. it doesnt work that is just to give you a round about #. lol. look at the times buddy:wavey:

·
Registered
56 Posts
so that's the requirements? It has to be that way or it didn't happen right? Lmao. And who said i wasn't track prepped?(weight reduction) and if it's so hard to believe then there's a simple solution....line up. :smileup:
12's with bolt on's is no problem for a regular cab 8spd on tires! Go on facebook to nadodge and look at all the greene tuned trucks with bolts and tires in the 12s! Plenty of time slips and videos to see there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know that. I'm on there along with Greene team and a few other sites. I am very active with these Ram trucks. I just don't see why 13.3 that correct to 12.971 is so hard to believe. Especially when I posted the slip to go with it. Shit if it's so hard to believe talk to Jay Greene of Greene racing or Matt Browne of Demon motorsports

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That's great if guys are touching 12's on sanctioned tracks with Regular Cabs.

I highly doubt they only have a muffler delete and a tune though so until I have a video, Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts