DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And garc I'll post videos this coming week when I am back on land with better internet

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay I thought I couldn't upload a video due to shitty internet offshore but I'm on land now and it still won't upload. Whast am I doing wrong here? I'm trying to upload with the attach files option and have cut the mp4 down to like 20 seconds but still won't work

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was trying to upload from my gallery on my phone. So put it on YouTube then just post the link?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Nice run, 3 tenths into the 12s will be a decent hurdle to overcome in my opinion. Combination of weight reduction, launch traction, and headers/cam should do it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Kyle Tingle ran 12s with the same tune/setup as me and an intake. His time corrected was a 12.7. My next step is qa1 adjustable, Lt's, and an intake. Should have no problem running mid to high 12s. Several guys with 8 speeds that have gone as far as full bolt ons with a cam are very low 12s or breaking into the 11s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah blackram. People don't realize the potential of these regular cabs

I just bought a reg cab and I can say they seem to run faster than all the utube videos that show truck buses and I have seen a few... I love the reg cab short box . they are sporty and more cozy and cool than the many truck buses out there... way easier to park . turn on a dime and it's the way PU trucks were for many years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have video and time slips. im offshore at work so ill post this evening but why is that so hard to believe when the new 8 speed regular cabs are running 13.9's stock???
Can you say just what you did to yours to make it faster?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had to procharge my hemifever tuned 4 door 4wd truck to get into the 12's! I think you'd be doing exceptional if you broke into the 12's with a tune and a few bolt-ons on a 4x4 CC/QC. I'm going to make a few changes and head back to the track in the next few weeks to see if I can go lower. A better reaction time would be a good start. I'll have to take some no-doz next time I go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
High 13s maybe, don't think your 300hp 5000lb truck is in the high 12s.

You'd need around 450whp at the tire to see legit 12 second passes without significant weight reduction.

Hate to doubt you, and it may be possible but not on paper. Have any video?
High 13s maybe, don't think your 300hp 5000lb truck is in the high 12s.

You'd need around 450whp at the tire to see legit 12 second passes without significant weight reduction.

Hate to doubt you, and it may be possible but not on paper. Have any video?
395 Horsepower is the stock rating.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts