DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2014 Ram came stock with 20" rims. Don't get me wrong, I love big beautiful rims, but I love saving money even more, which is why I'm thinking when it comes time to get new tires I might just get some 17" XD rims and save myself some money in the long run by buying 17" sized tires.

But I'm a tad lost. If I get 17" rims, and want tires with the same circumference as what I have now, am I going to be paying more for more rubber? Or will these tires be cheaper by comparison to ones fitted for 20" rims. I know I'll spend more on the rims AND tires initially but I figure I'm going to want aftermarket rims eventually so I may as well just get ones and new tires at the same time.

I'd just like to know if 20" or 17" will be cheaper if I go the route of all-terrain all-season tires.

·
Banned
811 Posts
17" will be considerably cheaper, for a conparable size to 275/60/20 look into 285/70/17.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!!! As far as selection vs. price goes, am I better of with 18" or 17"? Ive heard some people say theres more selection for 18s and the price isnt too different.

·
Banned
811 Posts
There is a lot of selection in both sizes, just depends if you want more rubber and les wheel, personal preference. 18" will be more $.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts