DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently swapped out my muffler for the 18" mufflex (magnaflow) on my 2018 2500 with the 5.7. I scoured all over the internet (forums, YouTube, etc.) before doing so, although found little content on the 5.7 in the HD Rams. From what I did find, most said no drone. I'm here to tell you, the drone from around 1400-2000 rpms is insane! It sounds great under 1400 and while on the throttle. Now it's only been on for about 200 miles, so I'm trying to force myself to run it for 800-1,000 miles to break it in and see if it changes. Anybody else have this issue? I left the stock tailpipe with resonator thinking that would avoid the drone. After all, that was what drew me to the Mufflex. Most said no drone, but those were either HD's with the 6.4 or 1500's with the 5.7. I don't how long I can take it. I may pull it and go back to stock. Just curious on others thoughts/experience.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It doesn't go away. it gets lighter but does not go away completely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a strong feeling that is the case. As long as it lightens up some, I can probably get used to it. My family uses the truck as our family rig, so am just hoping it becomes tolerable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts