DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drove approximately 350 miles today (longest trip I have made in my truck) and averaged 19.6 MPG. I know the window sticker says it should get 20 MPG, but I used 87 octane w/10% ethanol, I have the 3:92 gears, I was going 76 mph the whole way, and I had my AC on. I thought that was pretty impressive. The guy I followed drove a 2009 Silverado and only got 18.4. All he could say was there is something wrong with his truck.:LOL: I love it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just drove approximately 350 miles today (longest trip I have made in my truck) and averaged 19.6 MPG. I know the window sticker says it should get 20 MPG, but I used 87 octane w/10% ethanol, I have the 3:92 gears, I was going 76 mph the whole way, and I had my AC on. I thought that was pretty impressive. The guy I followed drove a 2009 Silverado and only got 18.4. All he could say was there is something wrong with his truck.:LOL: I love it.
Is that calculated or the reading off the EVIC?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm getting 16-17mpg in town so far (figured by milage vs gallons of fuel used..not with EVIC) . I've had this truck since December. So far so good. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will get on a road trip.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Your MPG will improve even more when the refineries start making the Summer Blend gasoline on or before June 1
Refineries switch over to summer-blend production in March and April [Source: EPA]. Gas stations have by June 1 to switch to selling summer-grade gas

Following the summer driving season, companies switch back to winter blends beginning in September, with the first winter increase in RVP allowance occurring on Sep. 15.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Ram SLT. I usually get close to 17 mpg, and that's highway. But whenever i turn the truck on from sitting for a while my DTE goes down by about 15 miles for just going 2 miles. is this a problem or just inaccurate readings?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts