DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Im new to the forum. Well to forums in general. Love my first Gen Dodge. But I would love to do a 6bt swap but other then that I have no idea where to start. What it would take or even how long. Also want to do 4wd swap. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well 1 suspension. Half ton spring won't support a diesel. Engine mounts need changed. Entire fuel system. Wire harness and that's a lot. Time wise it would almost be easier to buy a diesel used then refresh it for a bi turbo. Also a 4x4 swap? Once more just find a new rig. Most diesel trucks are 4x4. But if you get lucky and are willing. You might find a gen 1 farm truck that was flat bedded or with mild damage and just swap bodies.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It's a lot easier to get new bushings and bolts and swap bodies then try and make your frame do something it wasn't ment to do. And just run the new harnesses and swap gauge clusters

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yes, I agree, the swap is possible, but difficult to say the least. Probably cheaper to buy a first gen truck that already has a diesel in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well seeing as I wanted to do a lift anyway my suspension is going to change as well. I know the 4x4 s a little ambitious but I feel the cummins swap is easier. Do you think I would have to make customer engine mounts? The wiring I can do. Engine mounts maybe haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts