DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and tyvm in advance for any help

I am completely new to this and need help on couple things
Have 1990 dodge d150 v6 5spd manual that is hard to get in gear sometimes and my wife drove it today and pulled over in total panic mode and parked it and wouldn't drive it any further cause she said it wouldn't go in to gear at all 2 separate times. Like always it happens when I'm stuck at the firehouse and I cant get to it until tomorrow! SO need any helpful suggestions of where to start, clutch master or slave cylinders? or new clutch? also have only owned the truck for 6months and the ac would never work had buddy of mine look at it and he said there is no power going to the compressor so any help with that would be awesome! AC is optional even in Florida it sucks not to have but as long as it drives everything else is not a necessity!

SO help with shifting problem plllease!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SO Im guessing since I found fluid on my master cylinder push rod that connects to clutch pedal Im hoping that if I replace the master cylinder that was the problem. And then I will come back and talk to myself online and in person and maybe it will help lmao

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
AM guessing master is going bad, thogh ti should still allow itself to be forced into gear,
A/C? follow the power, starting at teh switch, make sure it has power and power comes off it. then run the wires to the compressor, looking for shorts or burned insulation ro even broken wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts