DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member with a problem. It should be simple but it's got me beat. I have a 91 W250 TBI 360. It was shutting down after it was driven 10 or 15 miles. It would cool down and start fine. I checked mostly everything and decided it was a bad pick up coil, so I replaced it. It ran for 10 minutes, I shut it off and it would crank but not fire. I gave it a shot of starting fluid and got nothing. Checked coil voltage and it was good. I disconnected the pick up and fired the coil with a jumper in the pick up connector. That says bad pick up to me. I changed the pick up again and checked everything in the distributor at the same time. Pick up ring is solid and looks good but a little rusty, cap and rotor are new. Reassembled with a new pick up and it ran. I moved it in the yard, shut it off, restarted it fine, shut it off again and I'm right back to crank/no start.

I can't think of a reason it would ruin 2 brand new pick ups from different parts stores. Anyone have any suggestions of something i missed?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts