DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a 1992 Ram D-150. The thing is is excellent condition and only has 79K miles on it. Never owned a Dodge before and was wondering what I can expect out of this truck. Couldn't pass it up in the condition it is in and the low miles. It has the 318 magnum in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
'92 was the best year for the 318 Magnum. Expect the intake plenum gasket to fail. This will cause oil consumption and pinging. Do yourself a favor and get a TransGo, Fairbanks, or Superior transmission valve body kit installed. Even the stage 1 improves lube and function, extends life and let's you check transmission fluid in park instead of neutral.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the truck a few days now, and man the 318 is nice! I've put on over 500 miles on it so far than the thing is smooth driving truck.

Is there any dangers of using Locas Fuel Treatment in these trucks? I've always use it and still do in my 1992 GMC Forward(Isuzu NPR cab over diesel).

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had an 87 and loved the truck had a few problems with it but I have always been a Mopar guy. IMO the first thing to go would be the running boards. Can you post some pics of the engine bay ?? What options does it have it looks to be a nice optioned truck. Does it have a Suregrip rean end? There aome nice mods you can do to this engine combo to pick up some nice HP gains. Plus there are still some nice engine dress up parts available from mopar. Congrats on your "new" to you truck !!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
my grandpa had an 85 with the same color combo. Now my uncle has it and it still looks, runs and drives like brand new. I dont know how many miles are on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know how much oil the 5.2 318 takes? My manual says 4 quarts(4 1/2 with filter), but the other day I changed the oil, and it took around 5 1/2 quarts(with filter). Either my dip stick is wrong or the manual.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts