DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 1994 Ram 1500 Short Bed used, of course, and it has a Class III hitch. My question: is it possible to install a rear bumper on this truck. I have heard that it cannot be done, and I don't see any area where I would place the mounting brackets. any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My 95 had the trailer tow package and the hitch sat below the bumper. Even changed out to an after market bumper, and it fit just fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1994 Rear bumper question

Thanks a bunch. For years I was under the impression that it would not fit. Really, I have never been disappointed when looking for advice on this forum.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Glad I could help. I liked the look of the chrome bumper, but was able to purchase a "Ranchhand" brand at a very good price. Could not believe how light and "thin" the original bumper was compared to an after market one. If you "zoom" in on this picture, you can see the Ranchhand bumper. It did fit like a glove.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ram bumper

Glad I could help. I liked the look of the chrome bumper, but was able to purchase a "Ranchhand" brand at a very good price. Could not believe how light and "thin" the original bumper was compared to an after market one. If you "zoom" in on this picture, you can see the Ranchhand bumper. It did fit like a glove.
Looks good. Thanks for all the replies, bumper fits quite well, of course, now, the license plate holder looks like crap, but I'm sure I will be able to find a decent one, maybe even with the light sockets and plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts