DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks. New Guy here. Was wondering if any others have had problems with their delay/hard shift from Park to Drive. I brought the vehicle to operating temperature & added transmission oil but it didn’t make a difference. Am I in for a big time & $ rebuild?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Howdy Jerry and welcome to the forum. I’m not sure how you ended up in this end of it but recommend you bring this up in the newbie check in thread or under the LD Ram. I don’t have an answer but I’ll bet you get one or more in either threads. We have plenty of helpful and knowledgeable folks but they may not check here. I just happened to be looking around. Good luck and God bless.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I had a very similar problem on a 1991 Van that I had. It had the 5.2 in it. I ended up having to have the tranny rebuilt and the shop said that a seal in the tranny was leaking/bypassing fluid causing the problem. In short yes, you will probably have to have the tranny rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I’m not sure how you ended up in this end of it but recommend you bring this up in the newbie check in thread or under the LD Ram.
He is in the correct spot!
2ND Generation Dodge Ram – 1994 to 2001
If you post there you will get anybody and everybody posting (but not actually helping).
Possible problem is the check valve on the trans cooler line (they clog up). It would be wise to do a pressure test to see what pressures you have. You didn't say if the filter was changed recently either. ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts