DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the water pump and during the replacement I discovered a short coolant hose from the water pump, under the alternator/ a/c compressor mounting bracket. Does anyone know how to remove this bracket so that I can replace this short coolant hose while I've got this tore down? I've remove all the bolts I have seen but the bracket will not move. Any ideas?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think, the idler pulley has to come out (between the a/c and alt). I'll have to check tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at that that and I could feel behind the pully the bolt does not go all the way through. I can't see anything else hold it but I cannot get it to move. It will rock up and very little but it will not pull straight out or up. Are there any online repair manuals I could looks at?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Its been awhile since I had pulled the acc. Bracket off. Mine came off fairly easy when I did the water pump and plenum plate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I had to pull the Idler pully off, there is a bolt behind it that can not be seen unless the Idler pully is off. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
709 Posts
No problem. Hope everything works out man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts