DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me out here. I got a used set of driving lights from a 98 ram and the switch. I installed the driving lights in the bumper and hooked up the exsisting wiring harness. Then I went in the cab and tore the dash apart to fing the wiring harness to plug the switch into and it doesn't seem to be there. I have been up, down and all through the dash and have found nothing. If my truck truly does not have the interior harness where would I find the wiring to make my own? I have also been unable to find a schmatic for the driving light circuit for my 96 ram 4x4. If anyone could help with that it would be appriciated

·
Registered
994 Posts
The driving/fog lights get a negative (-) from the headlight switch then it goes to the fog lamp switch. The factory service manual has the wiring in it. As they where optional and yours didn't have them you probably don't have the wiring either so you will have to add it. Not all options had the wiring in the harnesses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moparite that helps quite a bit. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get a copy of the schematic or a service manual would you? Also is there a plug in harness that is available to purchase or do I just need to make my own?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts