DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
i wouldnt get it for a dime over 4500....... with that being said its a good lookign truck ....not to many miles and im pretty sure u wont be seeing that kinda milage ....whats the back ground on it like....crashes? smokers? that kinda stuff....also id look under it and see if the oil pan is dented or anything like that could be a sign its been abused....good luck

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If it was an automatic, I'd say check out the tranny because that can be a weak link, but with a stick, just make sure it shifts into all the gears well and the clutch seems O.K.

Check the underside of the doors for rust, and the other usual places like the rockers, rear wheel wells etc. I owned a 98 Quad Cab with the 318 and had good luck with it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys I knew about the tranny problems and thats why I looked for a manual plus I think a Manual is more fun to drive now i just gotta find time to go out and look through it really well. it blue books at 5600 so their not far off on price if it is in perfect condition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.