DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I have a 98 dodge 1500 Slt 4x4. I was looking to see if anybody can help me find what tranny i have. i know some these years have some tranny problems. and i want to get an extra one to build up. if you can please let me know what kind and what kind of mod build ups can i do it. anything can help even if you just have some good links. Thank You!

E

·
0 Posts
Going to need your VIN to determine what trans you have. Call that info into the dealer.

Or, you can have your friendly neighborhood dealer put it up on the lift and tell ya.

Here's the info on mind that I got from a friendly Dodge Tech:

Engine: 5.2L / 318 cu.in.
Trans: DGT-4-Spd. Automatic 46RE
Transfer Case: NV 231

I've been told this is the heavy duty setup which leads me to believe there were at least two different setups available on the truck. Do you have a towing package on the truck?

A

·
0 Posts
ive heard that the issue with the tranny was related to the the tranny cooler itself. that there is some kind of plastic ball where the tranny line connects to the cooler itself, an when the fluid gets hot enough it melts the ball cutting off flow to the cooler. ive heard of guys jus simply removing the ball, thus solving the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts