DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1998 Ram 1500 Ext. Cab with 5.9L V-8 that was given to me brand new when I graduated in 1997. I sold it to my younger brother when it was 5 years old and still in beautiful condition. I recently re-aquired it after it sat in his yard for 7yrs. I have it running great again except one issue. The headlights are not near a$ bright as they should be whether they are on dim or bright. The high beam indicator stays on as well regardless of it being on high or low beam. I have replaced the bulbs that had no effect. My guess is its something in the switch. I think I also read on another post that it was caused buy a grounding issue. I just am not able to locate a wiring diagram for the lighting system.
If any of you have any other ideas or can send me a URL to a wiring diagram I'd really appreciate it.
I did purchase a new set of headlight/turn signal assembly for both sides along with HID conversion kit which I am pretty sure that until I get this electrical issue resolved its not going to do a bit of good to switch it out until the wiring is sorted out.
Once again thanks in advance!
Wes M.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i would strongly advise you to pick up a chilton manual. theyre like 13 bucks, and worth every penny. i agree though, it sounds like a ground issue. our 99' ford 250 SD had a similar issue, the left headlight was significantly dimmer than the right, and it turned out to be a bad wire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts