DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 dodge ram 318 4x4. There's a VERY quiet bottom end knock, and the engine isn't as powerful as it should be. I want to install new bottom end bearings, but I'm NOT removing the engine to do it. So, before I even attempt, would the engine need to be removed for this to be done? I'm also gonna take apart the top end, the whole way down to the head gaskets and redo all the gaskets, but I've done that without removing the motor in a few cars before, so I'm not too worried about that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
... I've changed whole motors before.. whole transmissions.. I'm only 20 and I've never opened up the bottom end of an engine before. I've rebuilt top ends before, but never even cracked the bottom end. I haven't ever had any education in the automotive field, I'm simply learning as I go. I just want to make sure it's doable before I go and try to do it.. No I'm not gonna go into completely blind, I'm going to get all the manuals/instructions on torquing this and that and all the basic stuff. So cut me a little slack for at least having the balls to attempt it on my own with no prior knowledge or experience. It's how I've fixed everything else on all of my vehicles, and since then I haven't had any problems with things I've fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.